• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Setlist - Beacon Theater, NYC 4/9/12 - Night one!

#144483 2 years, 3 months ago
Wow! That was a long setbreak!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Setlist - Beacon Theater, NYC 4/9/12 - Night one!

#144484 2 years, 3 months ago
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Winteriscoming
Fresh Boarder

Re: Setlist - Beacon Theater, NYC 4/9/12 - Night o

#144495 2 years, 3 months ago
I love how they through the Liberty in there as a head fake.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#144512 2 years, 3 months ago
rob is supposed to be at all the shows wether he leaves the stream open is the question i hope so
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kfender
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#144539 2 years, 3 months ago
No Community Forum for YOU!
I could not even open it up for the first night.
Must of crashed.
Chester
More or less in line

#144541 2 years, 3 months ago
Yes, the site crashed during setbreak.
Chester
More or less in line

#144577 2 years, 3 months ago
Here's a couple video's from last night.

Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, wryan6847
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#144585 2 years, 3 months ago
Last night was a little meh for me. Don't get me wrong, had a great time and danced a bunch, but my section was lame. EVERYBODY in my area was sitting. Most were over 50-55 I would say, not that it matters but might be why they all sat. The only other people up and dancing in my section were the loud, chatty couple behind us. We were ready to party, our section not so much. Through the first 3 songs people were still showing up all around us and having t he usher find their seats with flashlights shining. I also felt like the first 3 songs were solidly played but lacked any big moments. Then LL Rain started and they did a great job on it. I wish Bobby's vocals were a bit higher, we kept feeling like he was low in the mix but he nailed it. Good Lovin' was great fun and well played, go the crowd really moving for the first time of the night. He's Gone was marvelous and for me, is teh best one I have heard Furthur play. Will need to relisten. A pretty standard and solid Cassidy finished it off.

Second Set I was settled in a bit more and doing a better job of tuning in. Alligator was nice and then Cryptical! short and sweet but made me very happy. That went into Watchtower, not my fav when Furthur does it, this one was solid, the outro jam into the Other One was powerful, as was the rest of TOO, Here Comes Sunshine, not a fav of mine, but I was downright floored with how good I thought this version was. Vocal harmonies right on, tight jamming, just well done. A good Help on the Way>
a forceful Slipknot drops on a dime into the highlight of the show for me. Comes a Time was breathtaking. Teary eyes and all, I was in heaven. Can not wait to listen to that one again many times. The Franklins was really nice and jumpy, great tempo and a nice close. Double encore was a nice treat, I wouldn't have expected either of them, but they had the time. Casey had me ready for more, got me all amped up again and then put me out on the streets! All in all a great night. I hope Taper opens up the stream again tonight. Can't wait for Saturday!
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#144596 2 years, 3 months ago
I had a good day yesterday checking out the Met Museum and then down the local pub. The Beacon is beautiful inside but I find it way too cramped, seats very close together and over zealous staff. I was in row CC (3rd row) and was surprised how far back the band was set up on stage. Maybe they are just feeling it out for this run. I thought the first set was well played but very mellow and low key compared to the friday and saturday shows. The crowd around my area was also very mellow and seemed to not get into things until the second set really got going. Loved that Alligator and Help/Slip into something I never expected. One thing I notice is that the older the crowd the more sloppy ass drunk and pushy things get. It 's one thing to get your swerve on, by all means have a blast but if you don't have any self disicipline and think you are entitled to push people and touch them with your fat sweaty belly of chewed bubblegum...welll then things can turn sour. Some asshole sucking a nitrous balloon spit on my shoe last night too. Serenity now! Looking forward to tonite though. One in ten thousand come for the show!
Chester
More or less in line

#144599 2 years, 3 months ago
Great review Sugaree1. I thought the show was good overall, but that "Comes a time", was the highlight for me.
one of the best versions I've heard in a while. And well placed. Glad you had fun. And thanks again for the stream.
Time to create page: 1.06 seconds