• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: SETLIST: Wang Theater 4/6/2012

#143390 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
excellent show. jk was out of the cage tonight, review sometime tomorrow

the 2nd Wang show was off the hook good!!! some major high points and some not so great moments as well. high points... Dupree's, Roses and Viola in the 1st set. everything in the 2nd was stellar up to Passenger. that's when Bobby almost took the band off the cliff, but they did their best to recover. Throwin' Stones lagged at times, but they ended on a major high with Dew to end the 2nd. the encore was very strange. it sounded like Bobby started to play Promised Land and the rest of the band was playing Box. they quickly got it together and it was a safe landing. that's the quick "almost 6 AM" review. looking forward to Burt's "real deal" review a little later this morning.

edit: just a quick additional comment. as good as JK was last night (and he was on fire), Jeff C was the show's MVP. damn did he have a great night!
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by .
MTil77
Fresh Boarder

#143462 2 years, 5 months ago
I've just been re-listening to Friday's Wang Center show and I totally agree with what was said about Jeff C last night. He had some good stuff going on and we were seated more to his side of the stage so it was awesome to be there to watch such a stellar performance. Personally for me the highlight of the night was Viola Lee Blues. Outstanding performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#143473 2 years, 5 months ago
Video Setlist

Set I

Foolish Heart

Dupree's Diamond Blues

Estimated Prophet

It Must Have Been the Roses

Just a Little Light (missing)

Feel Like a Stranger >

Viola Lee Blues

Set II

Dear Mr Fantasy >

Jack Straw

Mountains of the Moon > Mason's Children >

Dark Star (V1) >

Let it Grow >

Dark Star (V2) >

Throwing Stones

(Let It Grow > Dark Star (V2) > Throwing Stones > ) Passenger

Morning Dew

donor rap > Encore: Box of Rain

Video Credits to Andis345, August420West, samsquanch908, umapatsfan

Thanks to all!
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Sustainabill. Reason: update
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, PMoondancer , Cub, TMax
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#143658 2 years, 5 months ago
onward!
foolish hart, and built tolast at the same run, nice.
the setlist looks off the charts, and being its the first shwos of tour, i bet it was high energy.
i heard a rumor about some more dates but im not sayin peep.
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#143896 2 years, 5 months ago
i read a post on ratdogboard that viola lee was somewhat reworked. hope to hear some info on it from those that went as well as eventual video/audio recording of the tune if so. a whole viola, not broken up, is one of my favorite tunes to hear furthur do. they either hit it WAAAAAAY outta the park or they dont at all, but when they hit it, its one of the best jams they do
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#144094 2 years, 5 months ago
Now that I have some time I'll do a longer review....2nd night just wow! Foolish heart>Dupree's was unexpected but I loved it JK was ripping on Foolish Heart and Dupree's was a fun one early on. Then Estimated! 3 songs in and we got an estimated I was digging it. JK busted out the poignant must've been the roses, which is one of my all time favorites. Just a little light was very well played and stranger was rocking and somewhat unexpected in that location...then came Viola. I've heard them do this a ton and this one was by far my favorite one with Phil ripping it up and JK playing loose and loud..ended the 1st set on an unbelievable high. 2nd set opened nicely with the Fantasy>JS...Phil had some massive bombs going during the JS and the entire place was going crazy. The set drifted into some psychedelic territories with Mountains of the Moon and Dark Star...i'm not a huge fan of breaking DS up but dropping a let it grow in there was interesting and definitely surprising...DS had some heavy jams and nice segues and then came Throwing Stones, another great one with Bobby wailing on the vocals absolutely nailing it giving it everything. Then came Passenger, again this band never ceases to amaze me with their set lists...Morning Dew to end the show was perfect JK was ripping it up and sent chills down my spine. John definitely gets the MVP for these two shows in my opinion because his confidence has finally caught up to his talent. Box of Rain encore was tremendous, I loved it and wore my Box of Rain shirt in hopes of catching it (even made that comment to FFF that it never fails when I wear it), there was definitely a Johnny B. Goode lick in there at the beginning of the encore but that gave quickly to Box.

All in all, these two shows were great. I liked the second night better. The sound was better and more consistent where I was and I thought it was a better show start to finish. That being said, night 1 hit some unbelievable highs, St. Stephen is a must listen. These guys get better every tour and are keeping things interesting
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#144095 2 years, 5 months ago
DL1943 wrote:
i read a post on ratdogboard that viola lee was somewhat reworked. hope to hear some info on it from those that went as well as eventual video/audio recording of the tune if so. a whole viola, not broken up, is one of my favorite tunes to hear furthur do. they either hit it WAAAAAAY outta the park or they dont at all, but when they hit it, its one of the best jams they do

sounded unlike the Viola's I've heard them do...at the end the sped it up big time before dropping it back into the original speed at with the final outro and I thought this was a definite meltdown jam with Phil wailing away on some bass runs and JK playing balls to the wall
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds