• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:29207
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142310 2 years ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Equinox wrote:
I'm wondering if we're going to get another album-in-installments this tour like Abbey Road.


suuuurrre hope not

Ya never know, there's still that Hotel California sound check lurking out there!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142311 2 years ago
Sitting on a cornflake.....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2996

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142313 2 years ago
SunshineSue wrote:
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Equinox wrote:
I'm wondering if we're going to get another album-in-installments this tour like Abbey Road.


suuuurrre hope not

Ya never know, there's still that Hotel California sound check lurking out there!


It's almost a slap in the face though, because they have all this wonderful solo, Furthur, and GD stuff that they don't need to throw more and more covers into an already-mostly-cover repetoire. It is such a waste in my opinion. To do "The End" at the end of a tour, or "Here Comes the Sun" because it was a rainy day and now the sun is shining, fine. But I mean come on. Whole albums? If I was in the band, I'd say "we did it once, let's not become predictable."

And I don't believe they will. They aren't Phish.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by patchmyfurthur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
cowboy neil
Fresh Boarder
Posts:3

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142315 2 years ago
any word on the zman stream yet?is it zzzstream??
let your life proceed by its own design
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2996

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142316 2 years ago
So in my prediction, I said TMNS will open the tour, but I have the intro to Golden Road stuck in my head. That's my official call lol
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:29207
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142317 2 years ago
cowboy neil wrote:
any word on the zman stream yet?is it zzzstream??

Nothing on his site that I've seen yet, but I'm hopeful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warlock
Monty__Capuletti
Junior Boarder
Posts:25

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142318 2 years ago
callin EYES. wooohooo.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142320 2 years ago
Lot scene at the Wang from Ecojaded!

And pic of the stage from GSET but I think it was taken by CreamPuffWar
Attachments:
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Warlock, gvanman, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
kevin
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3107

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142321 2 years ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Equinox wrote:
I'm wondering if we're going to get another album-in-installments this tour like Abbey Road.


suuuurrre hope not

Ya never know, there's still that Hotel California sound check lurking out there!


It's almost a slap in the face though, because they have all this wonderful solo, Furthur, and GD stuff that they don't need to throw more and more covers into an already-mostly-cover repetoire. It is such a waste in my opinion. To do "The End" at the end of a tour, or "Here Comes the Sun" because it was a rainy day and now the sun is shining, fine. But I mean come on. Whole albums? If I was in the band, I'd say "we did it once, let's not become predictable."

And I don't believe they will. They aren't Phish.


I thought the concept of doing 1 song per show in the same order as on a classic album was actually quite interesting. I like hearing these guys attempt new material, rather than stay in their comfort zone
gone are the days we stopped to decide, where we should go we just ride
Equinox
Platinum Boarder
Posts:15792

Re: Set List: Wang Theatre Boston, MA 4/5/12

#142322 2 years ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Equinox wrote:
I'm wondering if we're going to get another album-in-installments this tour like Abbey Road.


suuuurrre hope not

Ya never know, there's still that Hotel California sound check lurking out there!


It's almost a slap in the face though, because they have all this wonderful solo, Furthur, and GD stuff that they don't need to throw more and more covers into an already-mostly-cover repetoire. It is such a waste in my opinion. To do "The End" at the end of a tour, or "Here Comes the Sun" because it was a rainy day and now the sun is shining, fine. But I mean come on. Whole albums? If I was in the band, I'd say "we did it once, let's not become predictable."

And I don't believe they will. They aren't Phish.


Depends on the album. Abbey Road was interesting and by and large I think they pulled it off. The cover that I thought worked even better was Fool In The Rain. Saw it last year at the Mann and I thought it was a good fit for the band's sound.

I'm interested in anything that pushes the boundaries.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds