• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

Re: Bob and Bruce -the fox in Oakland

#141090 2 years, 4 months ago
TaperTSquare - i was in row 2 with my son and went buy you i think. We recorded with a stereo mini - so I look forward to downloading your recording, and compare. Thanks! No peers available - now... Hopefully soon.

I have seen Bruce a bunch and this was not his typical set but still REAL AWESOME.

I will post my best shots from the night, coppers best....

BW_Together08.JPG
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Cooper.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#141092 2 years, 4 months ago
BW_2Essau.JPG

BW_906.JPG

BW_907_KCMoan.JPG

BW_915_Ez2Slip.JPG

BW_MNS.JPG
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#141094 2 years, 4 months ago
2.jpg

BW_Together01.JPG
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#141097 2 years, 4 months ago
I have a bunch of nice picture to upload - but it isnt working.. UGHHHH! Sorry people. Will keep on trying.
This pictures are special for me - and I want to share...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#141101 2 years, 4 months ago
We still can't post pictures from hard drives, fyi. You have to use photobucket or a site like that. It's a pain!
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#141277 2 years, 3 months ago
believe it or not some of us dig the jazzy singalong stuff.
i totally understand where your coming from, this was probably more of a sittin down kinda show,

im a fan of both, the jazz more than singalong to be sure...i LOVED the DS>TOO, and there was no potential for dancing there. i was actually fairly exited about seeing a laid back, seated, jazzy show. and i got exactly what i wanted, but only for about 40min out of a 3hr concert.

the singalong stuff can be ok as well, but it is very boring with only one guy onstage, the crowd sitting down, and no one actually singing along. the magic of a song like the wheel or music never stopped is everyone building up energy, and it was pretty hard for the audience to build up energy with the unspectacular playing. im all for jazz and singalongs. and im no bobby basher either. on occasion i bust out my homemade "bobby fans are people too" patch, and in fact, save for terrapin station, i like weir-barlow songs better than garcia-hunter songs.

i just dont get the point of seeing weir sing most of these songs alone, with uninspired playing. have you listened to the show yet? check out kc moan or masterpiece, then compare it to the LWAF>DS>TOO...its not only the style of playing which is more intense and psychedelic, but that sequence simply has playing from both hornsby and weir that far, far exceeds what weir was doing solo. alot of his solo set, i thought, simply lacked the signature bobby weir style i have come to love so much, and alot of it just sounded like some dude singing acoustic dead tunes. as stated before however, cassidy>sugar mags was pretty good. if weir played at that caliber, and produced a setlist without so many snoozers(how bout truckin? big river? mama tried? something upbeat??? all the songs he played were good, but all that slow material strung together like that had me wishing it would be over soon), im sure i would have enjoyed it alot more.

it looks like the solo setlist for 4/1 was a bit nicer, with a sailor>saint, hard rain, and days between. those songs are slow but BEAUTIFUL. i would have liked to check that out...im always down to give weir another chance, lol
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by DL1943.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#141290 2 years, 3 months ago
what one person considers a snore-fest, anouther considers great. this wasnt a rock and rolll show, it was a jazz/americana show if anything. it was a set down, watch the musicians, close your eyes and space out.
that shit with the lady snitchin on pot smokers is lame. no excuse. just ask the person to stop or move if it bothers you, dont get em in trouble, thats shitty.
GOD I WISH I WAS AT THESE SHOWS so i could defend them with more credibility.
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#141300 2 years, 3 months ago
i went specifically for a sit down, close your eyes and space out jazz/americana show, that was exactly what i wanted, and got it in mind blowing spades with LWAF>DS>TOO>MAMU, but the longer solo sets seemed boring in comparison to the joint set...wasnt a musical style thing im talking about but a musical quality thing. the LWAF>DS>TOO>MAMU sequence was reasonably similar in style to the other music played that night, but im just played so so much better. i heard alot of similar sentiments in passing conversations as i left the venue. did you listen to the recordings? im interested to hear the opinions of others on the quality of music in the joint set vs. weirs solo, and im not sure if you checked out the show yet.

all in all tho, i got the tickets cheap on stubhub, and i got my moneys worth and had a blast. if i wasnt so wiped out the next day i might have even grabbed tix to 4/1
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#141421 2 years, 3 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
this show absolutely kicked ass!!! i respect the different opinions, but i thought both shows were awesome. here is a link to my recording from 03/31 in case anyone's interested. bt.etree.org/details.php?id=554013.

i'll try to get the 2nd night posted sometime tomorrow.

just finished listening to 03-31... the recording sounded really great !! thanks tsquare if anyone out there is capable of downloading, i suggest you do !
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#141449 2 years, 3 months ago
Warlock wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:
this show absolutely kicked ass!!! i respect the different opinions, but i thought both shows were awesome. here is a link to my recording from 03/31 in case anyone's interested. bt.etree.org/details.php?id=554013.

i'll try to get the 2nd night posted sometime tomorrow.

just finished listening to 03-31... the recording sounded really great !! thanks tsquare if anyone out there is capable of downloading, i suggest you do !

no worries Warlock. glad you're enjoying it. the April 1 show is also up. it's got a few flaws, but nothing too bad at all. if you liked the 31st, the 1st is also well worth having. here's the link... bt.etree.org/details.php?id=554025.
Time to create page: 1.69 seconds