• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

3/30/12 Terrapin Crossroads

#139997 2 years ago
Set 1: Truckin', Mississippi Half Step, Deal, Big River, Loose Lucy, Pride of Cucamonga, The Weight, Casey Jones

Set 2: Viola Lee Blues > Bertha, New Speedway Boogie > Mason's Children > The Other One > Death Don't Have No Mercy, Cold Rain and Snow > I Know You Rider > Not Fade Away E: Going Down the Road Feeling Bad

I dont know if anything could beat that second set! But first lets start of with the first one. The first set was solid as each of the three previous first sets I had seen. Deal was pretty powerful, during pride of Cucamonga Phil was having such a blast and towards the end of the song where there is that long country like twangy bliss that I can only describe as th GD, I had the exact same goofy smile on my face as Phil did... I know everyone else did too, but it was AWESOME we were really really into that same part of the music which I have always cherished hahaha. The weight was really special, Grahame did some really nice playing on it too... Even Casey Jones, which I dont really care for, was fun to watch because they sped the ending up wayyy more than usual.

Set 2: Where do I begin? Viola Lee Blues was HOT!!! First off Jackie started on the piano while jeff was on keys right behind him then Jeff took Jackies hat and started wearing it, then tons of really creative jams were unleashed, the band went many wonderful places and really explored like they often do on this tune. At some point, Jeff reached around Jackie and played his piano while Jackie was still playing it then went off back to his keys, then they switched instruments alltogether super wild.... Bertha was super solid and everyone really had their fun with it and jammed it longer than usual.. New speedway was a different tempo than usual and was AMAZING! Masons children was amazing and the other one was MIND MELTING!!! When Phil did his key intro riff, someone threw rose redals at him and he began thundering on with the first lyrics of the song. Phil was dropping some huge bombs!! Death dont have no Mercy may have been the best version I have ever heard... Teresa SUNG HER HEART OUT REALLY. You can tell she has so much love for this music and so much soul.... This song really put me completely awestruck for a little while. The rest of the show was solid solid solid... Everyone played well and Jazz kept a great beat, grahame was dancing and playing some nice solos, Jackie suprised me on some of his lead playing, and Larry was great, though I think the past two nights he shined a little brighter, but nevertheless he was still a great part of the group.

There was no negativity at all everyone was on the same wavelength.... Such a sweet night. I will never forget this night!!!!!!!!!!!
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Last Edit: 2 years ago by direwolflove222.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Tmglf2, Warlock, alilfurther, Cub, amusingdeva, FurthurFlower67, Island Head, Strider1
Chester
More or less in line

Re: 3/30/12 Terrapin Crossroads

#140006 2 years ago
Nice review. Thanks.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Cub
Senior Boarder

#140008 2 years ago
Hey Friends, I just Jumped on to see what and where this Phil n Friends Show is from that GD Radio,net just started with Here Comes Sunshine from March 27, 2012.
cletus1
Junior Boarder

#140010 2 years ago
the closer was we bid you good night
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#140034 2 years ago
oops how could I forget that. Thanks cletus
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#140132 2 years ago
Thanks for the review! Sounds like an awesome show! Can't wait to get to TC myself sometime soon!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#140454 2 years ago

Last Edit: 2 years ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, kevin, direwolflove222
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#140517 2 years ago
Thanks so much for the video!
I'd rather be at TRX than pretty much anywhere !
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#140564 2 years ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolflove222
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#140594 2 years ago
thanks for posting a review.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds