• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

3/29/2012 terrapin crossroads

#139814 2 years, 5 months ago
This will be the hardest review because words can't describe terrapin crossroads. It was a VIP night for me and the entire staffs from valet to living room manager was off the charts. They treat everyone like a family member coming home for the holidays. I started in the upstairs living room and played a trivia game with some folks from Colorado. Food was brought out and beverages were flowing. Phil made his rounds with everyone. He is the most gracious host. He looks people in the eye and shows genuine interest. I chatted with him about his dream being realized and future dreams. He allowed us pictures which is got to be chore for him but he was so gracious. I cant describe what its like having Phil right there taking an interest in you. Amazing. It left me dazed for while. He left to get ready and I headed to grate room. Wow, from door to stage its 40 feet at most. I found Direwolflove, exchanged hugs and had to experience the whole ( tiny) room and move around. I found Trent , exchanged more hugs and found a spot 6 feet from grahame where I could see everyone. Show started with Althea, same as Broomfield, a good warmup. Next ship of fools and this was no warmup. Warren belting it out..50 years upon my head. I've been waiting for a good ship. Big RR blues had Larry  and theresa singing,my god is she sexy and powerful, killing it with a nice long trade off of leads and real bouncy beat.  Every band member watches Grahame  during his lead all like proud fathers. It's amazing to watch and your so close you can see all there expressions. I've never seen Phil happier or more animated. into the mistic was a highlite for me. Larry on mandolin was sweet. A really rockin scarlet, always a favorite of mine into a killer jam had everyone thinking fire but not yet. Mountain song was sweet with beautiful harmonies from everyone, especially Teressa. Have I mentioned how sexy and powerful she is. Set 1 ended with a nice midnight rider that had everyone pushing the limits. Real nice stuff.
Spent set brake in livingroom and mingled with Jill and Phil getting food and drinks. Exhilarating. 
Second set started with ate ally nice shakedown great jam into a killer playin. These guys found a real nice driving rhythm and just kept going. Low spark was another highlite for me. Real jazzy, warren killed it twice as long as Broomfield and more experimentally out there. Good stuff. Next Larry did wheels on fire which was a nice surprise followed by Terresa doing little sparrow. Wow. Nice bird song into Layla that got everyone howling. Layla continued into a jam full of teases heard let it grow cords but directed by Phil they instead went into a funky fire. Leads were shared by all with Phil just bombing it into morning dew. So, so powerful into a crazy multidirectional jam into playin reprise. Wow
Donor rap and I had forgotten all about the grill cheeses. What a touch.
Encore liberty where I thought Grahame did really well. His best work of the night. 
I spent the after show back in the livingroom and said my thanks to warren, Larry and Grahame. I hung out with two guys I met from east meadow, my home town, talking about old school teachers and the old neighborhood. It turned out it was Matt, and his brother Adam, bobs manager and furthurs comanager. Small world and fun stuff. A great night that words can't really capture
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Warlock, wlewis, kfender, Daisy Mae, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67, Island Head, Strider1, mortimer...
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: 3/29/2012 terrapin crossroads

#139935 2 years, 5 months ago
Love your review Tim, here is your highlight of the night

The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1, direwolflove222
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#139959 2 years, 5 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#139991 2 years, 5 months ago
Magical Night Indeed!!!!

Into the mystic was definitly the highlight of my first set if not the whole night... I really hadnt heard it in awhile and Warren did a really good job with that song... Wow what a special night!!!!

Thanks ISLANDHEAD for putting that up!!!
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#140131 2 years, 5 months ago
Thanks for sharing your experince! Sounds like an awesome unforgettable time!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#141786 2 years, 5 months ago
thanks for the review tim, sounds identical to my experience. now we just need to convince everyone here on the forum to hit a set together
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds