• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SamL67
Junior Boarder

Re: Is it just me or is NY getting way too much love?

#142550 2 years, 5 months ago
NY shows just have that special feeling to them
BINGO!

Yes..the fact that NYC shows sell out doesn't hurt, but especially for Phil, I don't think it's just about the $$
I have lived in the city for 4 years, and have seen so many amazing shows and special moments.
Don't get me wrong..I'm not saying that great shows are only played in NYC, but there certainly seem to be a lot of them.

2 recent cases in point:

Phish New Years run. I've gone to 2 shows the last 2 years. I'm not a huge Phish fan, but the Garden was alive with so much energy, and so many people having a great time.
Allman's Brothers 3-25-12 show. Lights go down. Warren announces no Greg Allman. Little or no reaction from the crowd.
Show turns into "Warren and Friends" with guests and covers galore and happy faces on the stage and in the audience.

I know it's frustrating if you live in other parts of the country, but music is one of the main reasons I live here and put up with the crowds.

I LOVE NY!

Sam L.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by SamL67.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: Is it just me or is NY getting way too much love?

#142561 2 years, 5 months ago
i am reconsidering my boycoting the allman bros. show(since they kicked out dickie), but since they played a show without Gregg, still as the Allman Bros. i gotta say, maybe I should give em a second chance.
i still think a drunk dickie is better than no dickie. but i didnt have to live/tour with him.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds