• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Is it just me or is NY getting way too much love?

#136505 2 years, 4 months ago
DL1943 wrote:
it is pretty frustrating sometimes, NY and east coast DO get more furthur shows...fact

we have a 12 night run @ txr but its 150 a ticket for rotating casts of musicians...id rather pay half that and see a band that has been gelling together for the past 2 years(not to mention the weir factor)...and i love the big venue vibe, i never have issues getting a good spot.

its pretty frustrating to have to wait until fall to see furthur play in the bay area when this is where phil and bobby live, where almost all the roots of the GD are, and where furthur made their debut @ the fox

with all the oppertunity to meet and talk to phil at txr someone should ask him straight up, to his face..."why does furthur play the east coast, specifically NYC much, much more than their home coast?"

That's what I'm saying^^^^
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
gratefulferrari
Fresh Boarder

#138104 2 years, 3 months ago
not looking to start any flame wars, but Jersey probably has more DeadHeads than any other state. I know they are loved on the East Coast, but NY shows just have that special feeling to them. The only thing I can compare to was the old Spectrum in Philly. Just a different vibe when they played there....

bird
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#138269 2 years, 3 months ago
Ken wrote:
I understand that the boys are getting on in years but it seems like Ny is about the only east coast destination. Yes, you have Boston and surrounding areas but c'mon. That being said I am just spoiled because they are making my favorite festival ever at Wanee, and I get to catch them for a few in the summer, but as far as the east goes, spread it out boys!

Just be glad that you don't live in the middle, otherwise the coasts pull at you like a rag doll untill your broke

If they announce it I will "try" to go either way
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by ecojaded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#138523 2 years, 3 months ago
Sure there seems to be plenty of shows in the NYC area, but it makes sense. I also think it's easier for us than having to travel so far between shows. I remember at Jones Beach last year some kind folks sitting next to me 'beat the traffic' and left before the encore. i said are you guys crazy and they just shrugged and said 'we've seen them over a dozen times in this area in the last year'. Fucking hell! must be nice I thought.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#139200 2 years, 3 months ago
DL1943 wrote:
its pretty frustrating to have to wait until fall to see furthur play in the bay area when this is where phil and bobby live, where almost all the roots of the GD are, and where furthur made their debut @ the fox

I could see how that would be frustrating. Lots of nice venues to play in San Fran too.

New York does get more than it's fair share of shows. There has to be some benefit of living here right?

As for the post about NJ having more deadheads, certainly it's like Bobby described it once, the Long Island-NYC-New Jersey area is the country's deadhead belt. I think I'd add Philly to that too.. they played so many shows at the Spectrum over the years.

For those going to the Beacon, be careful, NYC has been busting more people for smoke than you could imagine. It aint the old days of liberal attitude towards public use. I've also heard stories of counterfeit tickets sold on the street for the Allman's annual March shows over the last few years.
These are the good old days!!
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#139953 2 years, 3 months ago
I think these concentrated shows signal the hopeful future.Even though they go in lap of luxury,life on the road is hard and tiring.Phil is 72,is in good health,but I think things are gonna soon scale back.I may be wrong......These guys have given the road a lot of years!
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#140361 2 years, 3 months ago
The Philly>NJ>NYC>Long Island is Dead-Bel Country. Population density and Vibe are factor in why they are doing an NYC 'Residency.' The lack of other spring shows other than CT and Boston added tremendously to ticket demand and the scalper problem.

I think they should play Radio City next spring because it is almost double the capacity of The Beacon.

the scalpers have us by the balls this spring!

Wait until the last moment to buy. Watch TM for ticket drops. Line up at the Box Office too.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#140424 2 years, 3 months ago
Like the song says: "... the love you take is equal to the love you make"

if we could sell that many tickets in Raleigh (or Charleston) we might get more shows. It is a bidness after all.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#140984 2 years, 3 months ago
they go make alot of money on the east coast, then come back home and do shit like TC, TRI, and reopen the fukn Sweetwater. So even though i would like to see more "furthur" west coast shows, but does ANYWHERE but the bay area get the one off shows that they get. i promise you if you add up all the states each member plays in the most. CA is the most. bob phil mick and bill. just under diff. names, or sittin in with friends. mickey just played Sweetwater with someone, and bob is everyweir so to speak.
but if i didnt live on the west coast id be pissed about the east coastt favoritism, but not to be mean but theonly peoople who live in the middle of the country are fat walmart shopping wannabees who live through what their TVs, or gasp INTERNET tells them to be kewl. so you dont sell alot of tickets to to TV zombies. rape and pilliage the east coast boys, wish i could be with you, ll hold down the lost coast highway son.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#141215 2 years, 3 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
but not to be mean but theonly peoople who live in the middle of the country are fat walmart shopping wannabees who live through what their TVs, or gasp INTERNET tells them to be kewl. so you dont sell alot of tickets to to TV zombies. rape and pilliage the east coast boys, wish i could be with you, ll hold down the lost coast highway son.

I think you could have made you point with out insulting NO-Coast.

See definition of -*Pretentious*- Adjective: Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

You would be suprised to know that the rest of the country dosen't think Cali is as cool as you think we do. Being over ran by pollution, immagration, crime , drugs, and huge budget deficits has it's appell and everthing

I mean seriously Wtf kind of statement were you tring to make? Hopfully the attached pictures will help give you a better picture of "fly over" country
Attachments:
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds