• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Ken
Junior Boarder
Ain't it just like the night...

Is it just me or is NY getting way too much love?

#135722 2 years, 5 months ago
I understand that the boys are getting on in years but it seems like Ny is about the only east coast destination. Yes, you have Boston and surrounding areas but c'mon. That being said I am just spoiled because they are making my favorite festival ever at Wanee, and I get to catch them for a few in the summer, but as far as the east goes, spread it out boys!
Mr. Goat
Junior Boarder

Re: Is it just me or is NY getting way too much love?

#135879 2 years, 5 months ago
I don't think it's just you. Wait a minute...yes, it's just you!
God writes testament in stars
Believe no word you read
Until you see what action
Has been mothered by the deed
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#136089 2 years, 5 months ago
NY can never get enough luv. I'm waiting for the opening of Terrapin Crossroads East.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, Ken
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#136093 2 years, 5 months ago
it's all fine by me
Ken
Junior Boarder
Ain't it just like the night...

#136149 2 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, I guess I'm just wanting to tour every date. Which is no longer possible. Sorry, Y'all. I love you and can't wait to see you shakin' your bones!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Goat
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#136192 2 years, 5 months ago
nycdave wrote:
NY can never get enough luv. I'm waiting for the opening of Terrapin Crossroads East.

i think the 6 plus shows they do in manhattan every spring IS Terrapin Crossroads East
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, killwhyT
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#136331 2 years, 4 months ago
it is pretty frustrating sometimes, NY and east coast DO get more furthur shows...fact

we have a 12 night run @ txr but its 150 a ticket for rotating casts of musicians...id rather pay half that and see a band that has been gelling together for the past 2 years(not to mention the weir factor)...and i love the big venue vibe, i never have issues getting a good spot.

its pretty frustrating to have to wait until fall to see furthur play in the bay area when this is where phil and bobby live, where almost all the roots of the GD are, and where furthur made their debut @ the fox

with all the oppertunity to meet and talk to phil at txr someone should ask him straight up, to his face..."why does furthur play the east coast, specifically NYC much, much more than their home coast?"
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#136345 2 years, 4 months ago
Oh I feel your pain! Would love to catch some of the TC shows but the dates have not jelled with my other travels, and NYC is to painful from here in the PNW. I am jonesing though and hoping for some more west coast love!

j
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Jasper.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#136386 2 years, 4 months ago
It's not just you I think they play NY ALOT!! So I bitched and moaned for a week after summer tour was announced and then I said fuck it I'm going to NY!!!! If ya cant beats em then youz gotz ta joines em!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wundurland
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#136407 2 years, 4 months ago
Not to be difficult or anything like that, perhaps the ability to sell tickets factors into this decision. Either that or we have lots of fun stuff going on in the big apple.
Time to create page: 4.36 seconds