• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
mortimer
Junior Boarder

Micky Hart Band setlists

#128255 2 years, 4 months ago
I'm going to see Micky in Sacramento this week.Any clues on finding setlists for his tour that is going on now?
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Micky Hart Band setlists

#128280 2 years, 4 months ago
mortimer wrote:
I'm going to see Micky in Sacramento this week.Any clues on finding setlists for his tour that is going on now?

We have a Mickey Hart thread going, in the Music Talk forum. www.furthur.net/forum/music-talk/85892-m...amp;start=220#128254
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortimer
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#130271 2 years, 4 months ago
mortimer wrote:

Here is a 1st hand setlist account from a friend in attendance at the Del Ray last week:

Mickey's set list ...

set 1

NFA
a bunch
of songs
I did
not recognize
Fire on the Mountain

set 2

more songs
I did
not
recognize
The Other One
a couple
more songs
I did not
recognize
GDTRFB>
We Bid You Good Night

Not sure if this helps....From other accounts, it is a HEAVY dose of his new stuff. That said, everyone said that the show was VERY dancable and a good time.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by teafortexas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortimer
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#130459 2 years, 4 months ago
Great show last night in Healdsburg. Everybody should go see this band if they can.

It was a beautiful evening with a big moon rising in the east and Jupiter and Venus clearly visible near each other in the western sky. The night got off to a great start with local youth drum group Windsor Bloco, a tight bateria which laid down some serious Bloco-Afro, my absolute favorite kind of drumming. I have heard Mickey is doing a wonderful thing showcasing local youth music groups at his current shows. These high schoolers were great, and the crowd really showed their appreciation.

Mickey's band took the stage immediately after and ripped right into a wild and funky Papa was a Rolling Stone and then straight into Franklin's Tower. They also did an amazing Brokedown Palace. Then they did a bunch of stuff I wasn't familiar with, all of it sounded great. The songs I recognized, in no particular order, were Fire on the Mountain, Not Fade Away, The Other One, and some other spacey stuff. They finished it off with a rousing GDTRFB and a beautiful We Bid You Goodnight.

I've seen some of Mickey's beautiful paintings that are influenced by the sounds of the cosmos and he also uses these sounds in the music he's making. He said last night felt like it was going to be a good night, cosmically speaking, and it being a hometown show for him (he lives in the west county). All the members of his band (8 people total) are really talented musicians with a lot of energy to give.

So, go see them. Get your tickets now. This show, in a slow town on a slow night, sold out. They were amazing.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Daisy Mae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, mortimer
Chester
More or less in line

#130499 2 years, 4 months ago
Thank you for that great review Daisy. Papa was a rolling stone is a first, I believe.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds