• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Set List: Phil & Friends, Broomfield, CO Feb 1

#124198 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
we saw the fight, i'm not sure where or when you were but it came our way from shakedown street as we were about to leave. i was distraught i jumped out of the car after a minute and tried to break it up the beating party was swearing and yelling at me i just said i didn't know any of them but to stop fighting. it didn't work, they were all fucked up. as we dipped i screamed about their behavior ruining the scene. they don't care. they weren't even in the show. they shouldn't be there. fuck. now my mind is wrapped around that bullshit again. disgusting. sickening.

I'm so sorry Burt, and anyone else that ran into this, it's a really crappy way to end a show! But you get big kudos and some great karma for taking action and drying to stop it. Good for you!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#124213 2 years, 8 months ago
Just like they say - nothing ever good happens on the road after midnight, nothing good happens in the lot after a show. Man once a show is over I book the hell out of there no matter what venue or state I am in! At that time of night, the chances for something bad to happen is too high for my liking. Getting old I suppose but I prefer staying far away from trouble..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#124283 2 years, 8 months ago
Yeah it was a big and ugly mess. Pedophilia is not cool under any circumstances. We spilt right as the cops were rolling up past the port-a-potties so we were pretty close to being locked in. Not a cool scene.

Still the show was awesome and I try to keep that positive part of the night in the front of my mind.
All You Need
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#125737 2 years, 7 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#125781 2 years, 7 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Chester wrote:
This shows up on etree already. bt.etree.org/details.php?id=552838
Check out the "human mic stand"'s pull. His was far superior for the 16th. Enough so that I'm okay with betting his is better than the others on the 17th, too.
bt.etree.org/details.php?id=552843

oh yes, you all must get the recordings by the "human mic stand". great stuff. location, location, location. human mic stand and a few others went rogue by not taping from the taper's section. they claimed some space in front of the soundboard and did not get shut down by event staff or band staff. good for them!!! big kudos to the "front of board crew"; they got some great recordings!
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#126017 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm gonna make this short and to the point.

I thought the show was incredibly lackluster. Three guitars did not fit well at a lot of points, and when it would get scrambled Jackie would switch to keys, which only cramped Jeff. Warren Haynes took way too much charge, and I personally felt like he tried to fill too many roles in the band. You can't be Jerry AND Bobby, no matter how hard you try. The band as a whole could not get it together for a good portion of the show. The unbroken chain (which is usually a highlight for me) felt very....lacking. The entire night felt lacking. Morning Dew especially. I could not get into it at all.

I love Phil. I love a lot of Phil and Friends. I just did not like this lineup at all, and I thought the shows were quite overrated. There were moments of brilliance up there, but the price didn't justify for me. Glad everyone had a great time, I know I had fun dancing and seeing people. Musically, it just didn't hit the mark.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#126234 2 years, 7 months ago
terrapin_blue wrote:
I'm gonna make this short and to the point.

I thought the show was incredibly lackluster. Three guitars did not fit well at a lot of points, and when it would get scrambled Jackie would switch to keys, which only cramped Jeff. Warren Haynes took way too much charge, and I personally felt like he tried to fill too many roles in the band. You can't be Jerry AND Bobby, no matter how hard you try. The band as a whole could not get it together for a good portion of the show. The unbroken chain (which is usually a highlight for me) felt very....lacking. The entire night felt lacking. Morning Dew especially. I could not get into it at all.

I love Phil. I love a lot of Phil and Friends. I just did not like this lineup at all, and I thought the shows were quite overrated. There were moments of brilliance up there, but the price didn't justify for me. Glad everyone had a great time, I know I had fun dancing and seeing people. Musically, it just didn't hit the mark.

terrapin_blue: sorry to hear that you were less than inspired by the show on the 17th. my personal opinion is that the 16th and 18th were stronger shows, but i still really enjoyed the 17th. as for the band line-up, i have to admit that i wasn't too sure what to expect. i'm a huge Warren Haynes fan, but his style doesn't always fit in very well with GD-style music. i had a similar concern with Scofield. however, i thought this line-up was totally awesome!!! i'd go see this band again and again and again.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by .
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds