• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
annasmirkstudios
Fresh Boarder

John K. Band "Mini Tour"

#121643 2 years, 5 months ago
Friday night (2/10) the John K. Band played in Baltimore. I live on the west coast, so we just went ahead and had a “livestream night” at my house. (Thanks to Bob, his iPhone, and knowledge of ustream for allowing this magic to happen.) Needless to say, we were digging it, especially that second set, it was extra jammin'!

Here's the setlist:
Set 1: How Sweet It Is, The Business, Cleaning Windows, Bird Song, Wot's... uh, the Deal, That's What Love Will Make You Do, Desert Trance, NFA
Set 2: solo set by Tom Constanten
Set 3: Thus Spoke Zarathustra, What's Become of Mary, Seen Love, Women are Smarter, Walking in Your Footsteps, YMMV>Three Little Birds, Everybody's Tryin
Encore: Suzy Greenberg, Sisters and Brothers

Audio: www.archive.org/details/jk2012-02-10.NYLifer.housematrix (Complete thanks and respect to Bob Jacobson for recoding this.)

I just love the energy of the John K. Band, all the musicians are dancing, smiling, and having fun. That's what I like to see in live music. Plus, I just think this was a nice setlist.

Saturday (2/11) they played in NYC, but there was no livestream for that. Did anyone catch this???
The following user(s) said Thank You: smirkstudios
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: John K. Band "Mini Tour"

#121803 2 years, 5 months ago
Some videos from last weekend's shows

The following user(s) said Thank You: nastero, annasmirkstudios, smirkstudios
Grateful J
Junior Boarder

#121952 2 years, 5 months ago
I caught 3 of the 4 shows, was not able to make it to NY.......can't wait to hear that show. There are great audience / matrix recordings of the Baltimore John K Solo Acustic Set, Arlington JKB, and Baltimore JKB currently available at IA and well worth the download.

If you live anywhere near the Baltimore - DC area and can make a JKB show, don't miss the opportunity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: annasmirkstudios
annasmirkstudios
Fresh Boarder

#122171 2 years, 5 months ago
Wow, that's awesome that you were able to attend so many of the shows! I'll have to check the archive for that audio. I live on the West Coast so it will be awhile before I'm able to catch the JKB. Can't wait though. From all the footage I've seen, the band has great energy, dancing about, and the audience looks pretty enthusiastic as well.
smirkstudios
Fresh Boarder

#122409 2 years, 5 months ago
I'm super pumped, Hairball Willie is going to kick ass And it doesn't cost ten billion Phil-dollars! Time to make it happen!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
organicboombanic
Fresh Boarder

#122674 2 years, 5 months ago
I made it to the 2/10 show at the 8x10. It was my first time at the venue and seeing the JKBand and I had a blast. I loved the energy the musicians were pouring into the show. The 8x10 is such an intimate venue so the flow of energy could easilty be bounced back and forth from band to audience.

Its really cool watch John progress through the years. Watching him as dark star's lead guitarist... wondering what would happen if he played with bobby and phil... then furthur actually happening... now this?! JKB is great and John is such a humble and talented musician. I loved the bassist's vibe, the keys were dynamite, great backing vocals, sweet drummer, great percussion, and how about that sax player?

Can't say enough, if you get the chance, check 'em out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grateful J
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#131434 2 years, 4 months ago
Can't wait to hit the 3 night run in Denver coming up in June
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
RafaelO
Junior Boarder

#136355 2 years, 4 months ago
May 18 and 19 in Chitown JK with his old band Hair ball Willie, gonna be fun!
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds