• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Jackie Greene

#120343 2 years, 6 months ago
Since I'll be missing P&F in Broomfield, I'm going to check out Jackie Greene tomorrow night in Eugene.

I have no idea who else is in this current line-up - anyone know?
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Jackie Greene

#120462 2 years, 6 months ago
Awww I'm sorry to hear you wont be at Phil. I was expecting to see your pretty face there. But there are always more shows.

I'm not sure who is in the current lineup of Jackie Greene's Band. But I'm sure it will be a great show!!! Have fun and tell us all about it!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#120465 2 years, 6 months ago
amusingdeva: i'm not extremely familiar with Jackie's band, but i went to see them on 01/28 in Santa Cruz and it was an enjoyable show. they did a cover of Elton John's "Bennie & the Jets" that was really, really good. fun song... Jackie's keyboard player sang lead vocals and did a great job. not sure if they have eve done that song before; it may have been a 1st, but i hope they keep it in the rotation. enjoy the show!
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#120617 2 years, 6 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Awww I'm sorry to hear you wont be at Phil. I was expecting to see your pretty face there. But there are always more shows.

Aww, you are always so nice Emily!

Regretting missing P&F (especially now that Jimmy Herring will be there!), the first flight of the FFF flag and all of the forumers that I barely got a chance to talk with on NYE. Dance one for me!

Will be there for some of the Beacon shows so hope to connect up then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#121185 2 years, 6 months ago
Quick review of the Eugene show at the WOW Hall.

Jackie wasn't feeling well, he had that head cold that seems to be going around so I am sure that affected the performance a bit. The band was great & tight but never seemed to really lift off.... there were some great moments but all in all I'd say it was a good show but not great. Jackie traded off playing guitar and keys. The sound quality overall was not that great but part of that may the cavernous nature of the WOW Hall itself.

Bertha was the only Grateful Dead song covered, I was hoping for Sugaree which I think Jackie does really well but he did'nt break it out for this show. The best song of the night was one played with the guy who opened, Jabe. My favorites were a beautiful version of Mexican Girl and Gone Wanderin'. Bennie and the Jets was fun as an encore.

Not meaning to sound negative... I was just expecting/hoping for a bit more of a rockin' show and this was more of an lower key Americana vibe.
Dodge
Fresh Boarder

#121355 2 years, 6 months ago
Hey I'm new here...when did Jimmy Herring get added to the list of friends for the CO run next weekend? I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, I did see that Jeff got added to keys a few weeks ago but can't see any info on Jimmy. Thanks for the help.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#121367 2 years, 6 months ago
Dodge wrote:
Hey I'm new here...when did Jimmy Herring get added to the list of friends for the CO run next weekend? I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, I did see that Jeff got added to keys a few weeks ago but can't see any info on Jimmy. Thanks for the help.

I misspoke here, sorry. This is a hopeful rumor that Jimmy will be at P&F on the 16th as Widespread is playing in Aspen starting on the 17th and in Denver before that and the 16th just happens to be a night off for them.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds