• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

moe.

#118133 2 years, 2 months ago
Caught my first ever moe. show on Sunday 1/29/12 at the McDonald Theater in Eugene, a Kesey Enterprises venue.

It was a fun jammin' show - amazing guitar work by these boys and I am a big fan of long guitar solos. Being unfamiliar with their music made it all the better as I had no preconceived notions of how a song should sound. Unlike some of the other jam bands I have seen recently, they do play some less-jammy songs in between, allowing your brain a bit of a respite.

My moe.-ron companions who are more into their music said it was not one of their better shows but I thoroughly enjoyed it although the strobe light effects started to get to me after a while. Eugene crowds are generally pretty mellow so I would guess if you saw them in a more urban environment, the experience might be a bit different.

Here is what they opened with (sounds like the guy recording it did not have as good of a time as I did, by his comments)

1Stellargirl
Junior Boarder

Re: moe.

#118237 2 years, 2 months ago
Can't say that I ever became a moe.ron, but I have been listening to them off and on since about 2000. I have a ton of their shows and listen to them a bit. Saw them at the Fillmore in SF with Martin Fiero sitting in most of the show, and it was a Hell of a show. About 3 1/2 hours of music all told, I think. It sure felt like a long night. Haven't paid too much attention to them lately, but I guess I maybe outta! Great band!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#118415 2 years, 2 months ago
moe. is playing two night in San Francisco and i'm on the fence about going. never seen moe. before and have been curious. perhaps i'll go down tonight and check 'em out. the show is sold out, but i should be able to find a ticket.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#118447 2 years, 2 months ago
They are playing at the Boulder Theater on 2/10-11. I am going to next Fridays show. Then Phil + Friends. Shaping up to be a good week. Keep on rockin' in the free world.
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by strangerinboulder.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#118481 2 years, 2 months ago
Amusingdeva, so glad you went and liked the show!

Moe is great! They have been around since the early 90's maybe even late 80's. I've only gotten to see them once live because they hardly ever stop in St. Louis anymore. But the show I went to was amazing! I just remember thinking the second set would never end. It was amazing!

Tsquared I hope you decide to go. I think you would like these guys!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#118484 2 years, 2 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

Moe is great! They have been around since the early 90's maybe even late 80's. I've only gotten to see them once live because they hardly ever stop in St. Louis anymore. But the show I went to was amazing! I just remember thinking the second set would never end. It was amazing!

Tsquared I hope you decide to go. I think you would like these guys!

that's a strong endorsement. it depends when i can get out of work today, but i'm inclined to go.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#118495 2 years, 2 months ago
Man now I really want to see a Moe. show! I'm gonna have to wait til SummerCamp at the end of May. I'll get my fix then they are playing three nights!!!

Just brought up the recording of the show I went to on archives. I know I have this on disc somewhere gonna have to find it. If anyonr wants to listen...My personal favs from the STL show Water, OkayAlright, Timmy Tucker, and She.

www.archive.org/details/moe2009-07-16.akg463

And AmusingDeva the 1/29 from Eugene is up on archives too!

www.archive.org/details/moe2012-01-29

THANK YOU TAPERS!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#118575 2 years, 2 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
moe. is playing two night in San Francisco and i'm on the fence about going. never seen moe. before and have been curious. perhaps i'll go down tonight and check 'em out. the show is sold out, but i should be able to find a ticket.

That's how it happened for me - hope you get your groove on!
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#118576 2 years, 2 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

Moe is great! They have been around since the early 90's maybe even late 80's. I've only gotten to see them once live because they hardly ever stop in St. Louis anymore. But the show I went to was amazing! I just remember thinking the

Yea, it hasdbeen 5 years since they have played around here so I was happy to see them back so I could check it out. Also surprised how empty the show was - they did not even open up the balcony. Granted it was a Sunday night but still - crazy! My Moe.ron friends burned me lots o CDs after the show.
StaggerLee13
Junior Boarder

#119889 2 years, 2 months ago
Moe. is an amazingly talented and tight band.. I saw them my first time at All good festival (which I highly recomend) this past summer. IT was an acoustic set at the grassroots stage. i heard them from my camp and ran full sprint to check it outt cause they werent scheduled til later that night.. well it was awesome!.. great first taste..then later on came around.. these guys played for an hour and 45 min of thee craziest, mostt energetic, heavy, wild non stop Jammin and. blew every other performance out the water at all good..including furthur...later in the summer I went to moedown..and got a great taste of these guys can do and even saw bob weir jaam the other one and a couple more with moe. like feel like a stranger....anyways I cannot desccribe this band in words..they are a must seee!!!!!! cant wait for march in buffalo....
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Time to create page: 0.88 seconds