• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

Re: RATDOG Set List 1/25 TRI Broadcast

#116013 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Yeah, that Jerry button on Bob's strap had me all misty!

This was fun, hope we can have more and more of these broadcasts! Have a good night everyone!

That Jerry button was a nice nod.

You got that Corina your were hoping for - which I thought was above-average as Corina's go. Sorry > no VOTC this time....
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#116053 2 years, 9 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Yeah, that Jerry button on Bob's strap had me all misty!

This was fun, hope we can have more and more of these broadcasts! Have a good night everyone!

That Jerry button was a nice nod.

You got that Corina your were hoping for - which I thought was above-average as Corina's go. Sorry > no VOTC this time....

You called it, both a Corinna and a Two Djinn! And I have to say, that may have been the most pleasant Corinna I've heard. I think it is a song more suited to Ratdog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
furthur1
Junior Boarder

#116070 2 years, 9 months ago
Bobby does Dylan? I know I dig it with Ratdog n it's a rare evening without a touch of Bob Dylan. Either way thanks to everyone involved with the free webcast all you had to do was imagine yourself being in GG Park n it's just like the good ole days of freedom and liberty. Again thank you everyone especially Bob. Lookin forward to catching more waves with you soon brother.
さらに、
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#116136 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
captaintony wrote:
that guy from Third Rock has a good voice

This is too funny: i went to look for a picture of just the 3rd Rock guy, but apparently someone else thinks there's a resemblance, because I found this all set up!

thirdrock.jpeg

This had to be the post of the night! I was laughing so hard last night. I decided to see if I thought it was just as funny and it still is! Thanks Sue for laughs!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
drschuss
Fresh Boarder

#116446 2 years, 9 months ago
Kfender, tell what you setups, Computer Operating system, wired or wireless, internet service provider etc.. maybe I can help.
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#116508 2 years, 9 months ago
for such an absolutely mindblowing birdsong>stuff, the rest of the show sure was a SNOOZER...and where was jeff c? he is so out in front in furthur, and is a better soloist than anyone in either band, ratdog or furthur...where were jeffs ripping solos? where was a face melting? where was the dancing? i actually fell asleep during NFA

dont get me wrong, it was a well played show, i enjoyed it, every single moment of listeing to phil or bobby play is great, but why play like they did last night when they can all play so much more interesting, upbeat psychedelic music? the jazzy sound and the addition of horns is fantastic, and i even enjoy a slower pace, but the musicianship is simply leaps and bounds benath furthur, and beneath WHAT I KNOW RATDOG CAN DO, based on the birsong>stuff, the marin symphony show i saw, and various sbds.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by DL1943.
shellshocked
Junior Boarder

#116516 2 years, 9 months ago
I dunno last night was pretty awesome compared to some live ratdog stuff I have listened to which hasn't been much. Maybe it was the tri studio thing maybe not but if they play like they did last night live I would buy a ticket to a show in a heartbeat.
II9
Fresh Boarder

#117366 2 years, 9 months ago
WASS!!! Other than that, they gave it their best shot.
I prefer Dave/Kenny and Mark/Steve one at a time. Even So>October Queen>The Deep End got right, but the first set was pretty busy. The Second set made it there too but overall felt uneasy and rushed. It lacked the intimacy of the first RD3 gig in A Studio. Maybe it was the buffering which kept me behind real time. Still, nice to get there with this band. The sound quality, as expected, was just exactly perfect,
During set break they brought up Jay playing too fast, I remembered Phil and Friends with Ratdog and the start of a China Cat and um.... Not Jays fault Ratdog chose to play it faster. However, no doubt about it, we're now rightfully in the capable arms of Mr. Russo.
Now that we know how versatile TRI is and it accommodates a boatload of people on stage, its true invaluable moments, to me, were in the rehearsal. I wish they'd turn a camera on and leave it on. Watching one of my favorite bands work in this environment was pretty cool. I'd pay to see someone good working out their next album.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by II9.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#118872 2 years, 8 months ago
Maybe ya'll have access to other full recordings of this you can share but here is an hour of the TRI broadcast on youtube:

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by amusingdeva.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#119311 2 years, 8 months ago
and here's set 2

The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds