• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

Re: First Furthur show

#109073 2 years, 6 months ago
Seriously Great ensemble! My Wife and I met after and successively at Phil and Friends w/ String Cheese, what a fun summer tour'99! There were some excellent shows. This present group really is able to organically play the music we love like no one since Jerry's time. Hearing that this arrangement was doing it to friends eardrums, who are Deadheads, like none since Jerry was playing; working, childcare, life callings, we were anxious to get to a show. Although The Other Ones and Phil and Friends were/are putting out great music, somehow what is in this current group is what I indescribably Love about the music of The Grateful Dead. The possibilities of the dance and the free directions of the jam. Broomfield, CO in February will have to go down as my first Furthur show. Often late for a good thing.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
goeppner
Fresh Boarder

#109519 2 years, 6 months ago
My first show was in the fall of 93 i was 17 and i was hooked !!! spent the next 2 yrs on tour, and after the Fat Man past I felt robbed even though now i feel very lucky!!! I was just starting to find my way and then our captin was gone! I tried to see the other bands cause i needed to go to Mass but they just couldn't do it for me!!!! So then again i became the Lost Sailor searchin and dreamin and then i was turned on to DSO and found that this was the closest thing to the real thing but the brotherlyness and fellowship was not there, the Definition of it all!!! Then came The Dead, Closest its been but in my opinion as much as i love warren and thought that we were lucky to have him ( for many reasons) he just didnt have the technical guitar abilities needed to take you there! He is an excellent blues guitarist with a more than great voice! but the music is more indepth than just blues!! Then i heard that Johnny was joinin the band and thought he was the best man for the job being he has re-created grateful Dead shows down to the T!!! I seen my first furthur show that fall and all i have to say is THEIR BACK !!! So every1 hope to see you all at the jubalee!!
theothrone
Senior Boarder
-

#110778 2 years, 6 months ago
It will definitively be hard for your son to find a second show that will beat that one, wish i could have made it out west for those shows!
it's an obsession but it's pleasing
1Stellargirl
Junior Boarder

#110850 2 years, 6 months ago
theothrone wrote:
It will definitively be hard for your son to find a second show that will beat that one, wish i could have made it out west for those shows!

Yeah. I have been listening to a lot of Furthur shows since that night, and I would say that they are generally HOT, but that night was freakin' over the top!!
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds