• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
mok
Junior Boarder

Re: 12/31/2011-Happy New Years Show My Phriends

#106929 2 years, 9 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
... but WOW - I had at least a week's worth of experiences during that 2nd set - ...

I agree 100% with this, I was pretty sure the band was controlling time throughout the show I actually can't believe that all happened in one night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Grateful J
Junior Boarder

#106931 2 years, 9 months ago
As I listen to the show a second time around, I would have to say that Phil shined the brightest.......not only with the many Bombs, but vocally he can be heard many times throughout the show.

This night in particular had to be very memorable for Phil.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#106948 2 years, 9 months ago
happy new years boarders !
great show !! great night to be a deadhead !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#106958 2 years, 9 months ago
Looking at that picture made me think the message on the Grateful Dead album, Skull and Roses:

DEAD FREAKS UNITE!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#106960 2 years, 9 months ago
From Furthur Flower:

As far as the three sets to me they seemed really short. Almost like just when they started to get into the groove the set ended. But I was so lost in the music. It was really good just seemed like it didn't last long enough.

That was my feeling from the couch. That first set break was about an hour after about a 75 minute set...And as much as people were raving about the second set Morning Dew opener, I didn't feel it. Was played well. But I was hoping for something a little more up beat. I thought Revolution would have been a good send off to 2011.

Sorry to hear about the bad craziness you saw. Never an excuse for that......and it would definitely have chapped my smile for a bit.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#106968 2 years, 9 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:

That was my feeling from the couch. That first set break was about an hour after about a 75 minute set...And as much as people were raving about the second set Morning Dew opener, I didn't feel it. Was played well. But I was hoping for something a little more up beat. I thought Revolution would have been a good send off to 2011.

Sorry to hear about the bad craziness you saw. Never an excuse for that......and it would definitely have chapped my smile for a bit.

I appreciate the couch tour when necessary, but sometimes you just have to be there to experience the time warp. And for the record, I had no real negative encounters - except a group of roaming wookies trying to take over our dance space. But hey, I can dance back just as hard....

Wonder-full time with wonderful people but back home in Oregon now. What a short long strange trip!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by amusingdeva.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation
Chester
More or less in line

#107046 2 years, 9 months ago
taper.tsquare's recording of this show is up on archive for listening or downloading.
www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-12-31.tt.aud.mkh8040.flac16

Thanks.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal, PMoondancer , scar1et_f1re, amusingdeva
Chester
More or less in line

#107137 2 years, 9 months ago
It cuts off at the end, but a really nice vid of the dragon, and most of Sugar Mag.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser, amusingdeva, PartPat
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#107274 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for all the great videos! It's awesome to get all the different angles. I was up in the last row on the JK side and had a great view of everything at midnight! What fun! What a beautiful family! I really loved it when the dragon lifted and Start Me Up came rolling out of the PA. The crowd just roared to life! Sheer naked enthusiasm from the multitude! Loved the traditional Sugar Magnolia opener to the year, loved even more the loving laughter and cheers when Bobby's lyrics disappeared for a few seconds. Everybody loves him so much! Thanks so much to all the band members for working so hard and sounding so great throughout this whole run! Another night spent dancing in the hall, and dropping into the aud, though it was much more crowded the last night. Loved the room and company to spread my dancing wings in the hall! Happy New Year to everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#107276 2 years, 9 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
funky420 wrote:
having a blast with my Furthur Forum Family! and i wouldn't have it any other way!

2011-12-3119.46.34-1216164209.jpg

edit there are a few missing but don't think we forgot about ya! I.E. Taper sq , little bear......

Had an awesome time with my Furthur Family. Those who were not with us really were there. Hope you felt our love! Cuz we felt yours!

Thanks for the photo! I'm sorry to say I don't recall seeing any of your beautiful faces in the crowd, but I felt everyone's loving spirit the whole time there. I would just look around and feel the love from all present and at home, knowing you were all there, in person or listening. For me it was like 23atwell said (who was the only person I actually met, due to his kind description of his jacket) it's hard to meet people when you are constantly moving around. I just felt the joy and knew we were all together, all of us! What a beautiful family! A thousand thanks!

In pic...

Top row: Justin, DancinTurtle, Wlewis, Strider
Middle row: Rich, RockinBob, Iluminaughty
Bottom row: Furthurflower, Funky420, Jen

A few more missing who were there.... Iamthedoor amusingdeva and tmglf.

I must say Burt, your stealie necklace hits the light just right! Noticed it shining many times this weekend. Let it shine!
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds