• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

Re: 12/29/2011 San Francisco, Ca Setlist

#107027 2 years, 9 months ago
This 2011 New Years poster is by M. Dubois...

Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#107263 2 years, 9 months ago
Well, this was a sweet little show, great way to start off the run! The crowd was mellow, but excited. Some of us have done this for several years now, and the young kids seem to be growing and settling in nicely. The crowd seemed nicely grounded, but ready for fun. Plenty of room inside the aud to dance at first, and it was a pleasure to recapture that recent novelty of room in the hall, at least for a little while. The set list was outstanding and fresh. Lots of really happy people dancing and grooving. Of course really enjoyed the whole show, but appreciated the specialness of Box of Rain and Unbroken Chain in the same set. Settled in to dancing in and out of the hall to the left of the sound board, as another post mentioned. Happy to dance in the light with so many beautiful people. Can't wait to listen to the show again. Beautiful.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#107312 2 years, 9 months ago
Great show. Drove down from Seattle to catch this one night, then back to Seattle to ski two feet of new powder NYE.

This might have been the most "comfortable" show I went to all year, crowd was great with no one cramping anyone's space.

Music was great, probably the best versions of Box and UBC that I have seen. These are tough songs to play and sound good, tonight they sounded great.

Would have liked to stay and catch the rest, but there's only one thing I like better then a show, and that is a bluebird powder day.............otherwise known as a Sunshine Daydream!!!!!!!
Attachments:
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#107324 2 years, 9 months ago
All American Rose Selection winner 2012: Sunshine Daydream

countrygardenroses.files.wordpress.com/2...ne-daydream-2012.jpg
Chester
More or less in line

#107759 2 years, 9 months ago
Chester wrote:
This show is up on etree for downloading. bt.etree.org/details.php?id=551293

And available on archive for streaming, or downloading. www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-12-29.aud.flac
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
HumbleHuman
Fresh Boarder

#107817 2 years, 9 months ago
Griff wrote:
Great show. Drove down from Seattle to catch this one night, then back to Seattle to ski two feet of new powder NYE.

This might have been the most "comfortable" show I went to all year, crowd was great with no one cramping anyone's space.

Music was great, probably the best versions of Box and UBC that I have seen. These are tough songs to play and sound good, tonight they sounded great.

Would have liked to stay and catch the rest, but there's only one thing I like better then a show, and that is a bluebird powder day.............otherwise known as a Sunshine Daydream!!!!!!!

Nice! Nice to hear people drive down to SF from Seattle. I thought about it, but I couldn't wrap my head around the drive. Would have loved to have done this run buy finances were prioritized elsewhere. Hoping for another West Coast run maybe early summer, please?!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#111998 2 years, 9 months ago
As a little coda to this show's review, did anyone else notice Mr. Naked Man twirling near the back left of the sound board? I was a little surprised at first when I saw him, but I figured whatever floats your boat; however, after my hand accidentally brushed his furry thigh I thought it politic to put the ol' man between me and Mr. Naked Man before we became anymore intimately aquainted, if you get my drift. Back in my day that's what a skirt was for, but I really appreciated the fact that no one made him put his clothes on. He wasn't out of it, just a nature boy. Taking it furthur in San Francisco! He was there the next two nights also, but clothed. Seizing the moment for sure.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#112218 2 years, 9 months ago
Im waiting for this show to come in my mailbox as I ordered it due to it being AWESOME and just a plain good time. LOVED Phils songs!!!!!
Didnt see Naked Man, but sounds like he was in the moment so no harm no foul
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

#113106 2 years, 9 months ago
all three nights in SF were awesome, I've seen the naked guy at other venues before. i didn't see him over the NYE run but i did see him at shoreline both nights and in monterey. I'm pretty darn sure that it is the same guy at all of these shows because there is never more than just one naked dude. At shoreline he and his naked lady friend were chasing each other all across the lawn playing an old school game of nude tag or something. i didn't see him until after the show in monterey, but he was still naked, and let me say how cold i was in monterey and i was fully clothed...
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds