• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: 12/29/2011 San Francisco, Ca Setlist

#105391 2 years, 8 months ago
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Bakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bow4bass
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#105392 2 years, 8 months ago
Chester wrote:
Can't quite make out the artist. Anybody know who did the artwork for that?

The printed name on the single poster you had posted looks like M DuBois (Mike DuBois).
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by DigiGal.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder

#105395 2 years, 8 months ago
Correction - A Closer Look Reveals --> Art by R Biffle

Chester wrote:
Bakes wrote:
SF-2.jpg

Wow. Real nice.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by DigiGal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#105421 2 years, 8 months ago
Thank you Furthur!!!!

I needed the Weather Report Suite so badly!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Alright I don't know if I can think of enough words to describe last nights show! They take it Furthur each time. There were a few little mess ups but they are just working out the kinks to get everything just perfect! when they started the first set I was almost certain it was Stranger but being played in a different and new tone. No I was wrong! Help on the way!!! Woohoo! I think it would have been extra special if they did the three together at the begining but they performed it well at the end. So first set is starting off with a bang and then Esitmated! What??? First set Estimated was very nice! Bobby took it out there for sure, I love the howling! I was very excited to see TN Jed in the mix too! Never got that one and always wanted it. Any Road was done very beautifully! John is amazing. And of course ending with WRS when I heard that first note my heart was racing and my body was shaking! It totally made my night!

Set two! Started off just like my home town show. Box of Rain into Big Bad Blues. I was expecting a box of rain but as an encore. Then they did China Cat I really wasnt ready for another China>Rider I get them very often. But they changed that. China Scarlet! What??? I love this band. Changing things up doing things you don't expect. It like a breath of fresh air. I was sure I heard the other one next but it was Truckin. I heard tons of teases. Stranger, Other One, Spoonful. But I wonder were they really there or was I imagining it. New Speedway was nice. SOTM was beautiful and GDTRFB was awesome! And then that second Slipknot was unfreaking real!!! Phil was owning it! There was one bomb he did that literally everything stopped and he just bombed us away. So cool! And a Baby Blue encore was very nice! Bobby was really getting into that one.

As far as the venue don't know how I quite feel about it. Kinda small and I feel no matter where I stand on the floor it's so hard to see the stage. I'm gonna reserve me a seat upstairs. Hahahahaha

But I love this band! Thank you Furthur!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Gr8fulauditors, Equinox, bokb, Terrapin Sedation, SunshineSue, Bakes
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#105423 2 years, 8 months ago
doesnt look like dubois
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
DigiGal
Senior Boarder

#105433 2 years, 8 months ago
Gr8fulauditors wrote:
doesnt look like dubois

Hence the strikeout of my original post and addition of a second including the poster, but thanks. Blowing it up and looking closer it appears to read "Art by R. Biffle"
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#105438 2 years, 8 months ago
What an amazing show last night! I was talking to a guy I met inside and he called the Help opener and I said wouldn't it be cool if they split it up and brought back Franklins to end the secnd set, and low and behold WHAMO! Probably one of the best shows I've seen.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub, amusingdeva
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#105441 2 years, 8 months ago
wow. last night was great. no time for a review. jk was a leader last night, his tones were screaming "HEY!!! GIVE ME A FUCKIN' LISTEN!!!" ..weir was in fine form on par with a few mistakes but he was strong, his demeanor was there, and he was moving around like he was 10-15 years younger. chimenti was not absent but far less prominent than normal. setlist was great. if i'm not mistaken first set was 1 hr 20 mins. whole thing had me ROCKED.

no one showed up at grove/polk street for the meetup. i'll be there again today, i think RV will take off at 1. who knows.

vive la furthur
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

#105449 2 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for the videos! I opened the stream last night in the middle of what was a spectacular Unbroken Chain, wow. To get better and better every single time seems impossible but they're doing it.
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
Chester
More or less in line

#105463 2 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, that was lots of fun listening to the stream here last night. They really seemed to find their groove in the 2nd set.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds