• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

special moments in GD history

#99215 2 years, 9 months ago
If you haven't heard Phil and his sons after his transplant, I recommend you do. I've been revisiting and shuffling through old PL&F shows with Kimock. This show is always special. (and this is a Miller source)

www.archive.org/details/1999-04-15.paf.s...er.25295.sbeok.flacf
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, scar1et_f1re
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: special moments in GD history

#99278 2 years, 9 months ago
this is sick recording too...i thought the phil and friends with trey and mike tour a number of years ago was a great lineup and some awesome music though phish don't do me like the dead does!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#99280 2 years, 9 months ago
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Dire Wolf.
LukeV
Fresh Boarder

#101551 2 years, 9 months ago
1986/12/15 Oakland CA
Jerry's fisrt show since his coma, they open with a touch of grey and the crowd is fucking estatic. When Jerry belts the line "I will Survive" Ohhh my god, the place goes insaine.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by LukeV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, mistache, DeadheadRI
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#101598 2 years, 9 months ago
Isn't there a huge response too when he sings Candyman?
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
LukeV
Fresh Boarder

#101619 2 years, 9 months ago
Yes yess, the whole show is truly overflowing with energy. I found this thread ironic when earlier today i had just finished Phils book "Searching for the Sound" when he brings up this time period in the last chapter or so. Verrry cool also....if anyone has streams/links/ect. to the 2 day festival Phil, Bobby, Mickey, and Billy host 2 years later in Aug. at Alpine Valley WI. It was rebonding festival since Jerrys death that I have been searching intently for. Ive been finding little goldmines of shows like these Phil brings up along the timeline throughout the book.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by LukeV.
1Stellargirl
Junior Boarder

#107211 2 years, 8 months ago
No kidding. I was there. The crowd was even louder during Candyman when he sang, "Won't you tell everybody you meet that the Candyman's in town!" I will never forget that night!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, LukeV
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#109183 2 years, 8 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
If you haven't heard Phil and his sons after his transplant, I recommend you do. I've been revisiting and shuffling through old PL&F shows with Kimock. This show is always special. (and this is a Miller source)

www.archive.org/details/1999-04-15.paf.s...er.25295.sbeok.flacf

Wow, that is so beautiful sounding. Thank you.

My words? Hello old friends, it's been a years, and here we are again, thousands later. Glad you could make it!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
mistache
Junior Boarder

#122251 2 years, 7 months ago
LukeV wrote:
1986/12/15 Oakland CA
Jerry's fisrt show since his coma, they open with a touch of grey and the crowd is fucking estatic. When Jerry belts the line "I will Survive" Ohhh my god, the place goes insaine.

I STILL GET CHILLS
thanks for being there and remembering with me
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#122260 2 years, 7 months ago
I know its been mentioned before and not a new observation, and though I have heard it before I recently picked up the rocking the cradle CD set to store on my sonos/mac system in the house and have listened to the drum sequence ollin aaageed into fire on the mountain, wow really something. After reading some of the history of what went on it really fits a groove.

j
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds