• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

2011-11-04 portland stephen>dark star>stephen

#91596 2 years, 8 months ago
overall the 2nd set of this show is great i'm listening to the board right now. first set is mediocre. but st. stephen>dark star is nice, all of a sudden it's like wait what okay let's go...phil is authoritative in the transition..they eventually find their way into an interesting refrain off the last chorus and it tunes it's way to the back-end of st. stephen. really great. they hammer is home into the eleven, which really finds it way into a nice other one that i'm currently in the middle of..

i would highly recommend checking out that small segment, and the entire show really. it is something i've never seen furthur do and i'm pretty sure it was the first time. that is exactly what taking the music furthur means.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, captaintony, rockinbob
Chester
More or less in line

Re: 2011-11-04 portland stephen>dark star>stephen

#91621 2 years, 8 months ago
I have actualy listened to that one, and I'll agree, it was a really good show.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#91762 2 years, 8 months ago
I was at that show and as I am telling all my close bros, although I saw 143 Grateful Dead shows and 1000+ jam band shows since, that second set was the best set of live music I ever witnessed. It is near flawless (the first jam of Unbroken Chain being the only really weak spot and JK makes up for it with the ending jam!!!).
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#92174 2 years, 8 months ago
it was a great show, tons of energy, especially up front. It was weird that night though - I saw at least 4 or 5 people get taken over the front rail by security cause they were so fucked up they needed to be taken out and then Island Head told me he seen a few people just about pass out in the crowd and then they had to be taken out by friends. I dont know if it was alcohol or acid or what but it was odd seeing so much of it at a Furthur show - the next GA show in PA the next night I didn't see any of that.....
derek92
Junior Boarder

#92727 2 years, 8 months ago
that segment caught my eye the first time i saw it
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds