• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
liquidsmoke
Junior Boarder

where to start with əkoostik hookah?

#91290 2 years, 8 months ago
Saw them years back with Ratdog and liked their set a lot but never bought any of their albums. I've heard some live stuff on youtube with fuzz guitar, if they did any of that on any albums I like to start with one of those as I'm big on Hendrix, Blue Cheer and other more heavy bands as well as the Dead and what not of course. They've put out about a zillion albums it looks like, it's kind of daunting. Anyone? I could just start with the first one and move my way forward in time..
lost in a maze of liquid smoke I thought my brains were gonna choke
liquidsmoke
Junior Boarder

Re: where to start with əkoostik hookah?

#92398 2 years, 8 months ago
Nobody here into them?
Chester
More or less in line

#92412 2 years, 8 months ago
I've heard of them, but have to admit, I'm not real familiar with their music. Can you post a link to a good show?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
liquidsmoke
Junior Boarder

#92413 2 years, 8 months ago
Chester wrote:
I've heard of them, but have to admit, I'm not real familiar with their music. Can you post a link to a good show?

I can't really. I've listened to some stuff on youtube and like some of it but I'm really not familiar with them aside from the show I saw years back but I don't remember it all that well. It's possible that they aren't as well known as I thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#94777 2 years, 7 months ago
ok, i am from ky, which is close to ohio, where hookah is from, and i have worked securiety and shit at alot of hookahvilles(their twice a year fest)
start with their early stuff. they had a lead guitar player/song writer leave the band for a few years in the midddle and i prefer thee stufff before he left. the new guy is awsome too, but the supposed new guy quit a few years ago when the original lead came back. start with their early stuff.
hookahville live recordings are goin be the best cuase they pulll the stops out for hookahville.
if you live close to OH go to one. they even have a group like wharf rats, called dragon flys(hookah song).
good clean scene. at least it was 10 years ago. good band. they are real people you know.
i have the guitarist custom hoodie in my closet right now its all patch work and has dragon flys and the backwards e embroided, its sick, and the only way i know its the lead guitarist is i saw him wearing it years ago, and like 2 years ago i saw a hippy out here(Cali.) and was like what you know about hookah? dude gave me the hoodie. go fig. hippies do weird things.
its not my style and i would gladly return it to the guitarist if OH wasnt so damn far away.
do a west coast tour hookah and get your hoodie back.
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds