• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

Re: Mickey Hart Winter/Spring Tour

#127862 2 years, 1 month ago
thanks, please let us know if the Penns stream comes out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#128254 2 years, 1 month ago
Mickey Hart Band, Rio theater, Santa Cruz Ca. - 3/1/12

Set 1
Not fade away
Time never ends
Slo Jo rain
Djin djin>
Let there be light>
Fire on the mountain

Set 2
Heartbeat>
Supersonic>
I can tell you more>
The other one
drumz>
The other one
Cut the deck
GDTRFB>
We bid you goodnight
Encore's
Franklin's tower>
Stella blue
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, Equinox, mortimer
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#128606 2 years, 1 month ago
great show last night. there was an angel in white tibetan singerthat was really really something. crystals face was just naked admiration for what was transpiring and she is no slouch point of fact ireally love her voice and prescence. And hot damn that women can move. oh yeah and mickey was good too. i dont usually get so close but it felt special the interplay with all members. Totally different vibe than solana beach show 2months ago. maybe combo of special guest, sweet old l.a. 30,s vaudville theatre, band gelling more, whatever it was i think this band is bringin it regardless. cant remember having such a good time. Thanks geoff for the rounds and setting me off on the correct fork home, it was wonderful to meet you and anna..I hope your trip home is a safe one
Chester
More or less in line

#128636 2 years, 1 month ago
Mickey Hart Band, El Rey Theater, Los Angeles Ca. 3/2/12

Set 1
Not fade away
Time never ends
Slo Jo rain
Djinn djinn >
Let there be light >
Fire on the mountain

Set 2
Heartbeat >
Supersonic >
I can tell you more >
The other one >
Drumz >
The other one >
Cut the deck >
Going down the road feeling bad >
And we bid you good night
Encore
Franklin's tower >
Brokedown palace
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortimer
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#128641 2 years, 1 month ago
Chester
More or less in line

#128845 2 years, 1 month ago
Chester wrote:
Download two free live tracks from the recent tour.

mickeyhart.net/2012/03/01/two-free-grate...he-mickey-hart-band/

Chester
More or less in line

#128848 2 years, 1 month ago
Excerpts from an article published in "Flagstaff live" on 3/1/12.
"There’s no doubt that to have been a member of the Grateful Dead, it would have required being far out there on the edges of artistic experimentation. For a band that continuously redefined rock ‘n’ roll in the ’60s and ’70s, for members to be boldly avant-garde just kind of went with the territory.

Mickey Hart—the band’s world-music-loving, and often-awesomely mustachioed drummer from 1967 to 1971 and then from 1974 until the Dead’s demise in 1995—has built a career on taking the curious, adventurous spirit of his musical alma mater and pushing musical boundaries beyond anything even the most ardent Deadhead could imagine.

Outside the Grateful Dead, Hart’s many extracurricular excursions include dozens of solo recordings and collaborations with renowned musicians from around the world; multiple books including “Drumming at the Edge of Magic” and “Planet Drum”; and work on the board of trustees for the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress’s Endangered Music Project, which set about committing the library’s massive audio collection to a digital format. He has traveled the world as an ethnomusicologist cataloging and studying a huge breadth of the world’s musical traditions and is an undeniable authority on some of the rarest music around.

Now, with his newest project, the two-time Grammy-winning percussionist and drummer has taken his music back to the very origins of creation. His forthcoming album, titled Mysterium Tremendum, is a chunk of a sizable undertaking Hart began a few years back with the help of astrophysicist and Nobel laureate George Smoot, who is credited with furthering the big-bang theory of the universe. Through the use of cutting-edge technology and astronomical research, Hart converted leftover radiation from the big bang into sound and based a musical composition on the results. The album itself is still in the final stages of completion, but in 2011 Hart wasted no time in gathering fellow musicians to attempt parts of Mysterium Tremendum in concert. The band, which includes longtime Hart musical partner and Nigerian talking drum master Sikiru Adepoju, also boasts Widespread Panic bassist Dave Schools. Live, in addition to the audacious new material, the eclectic crew includes a broad spectrum of selections from Hart’s solo career as well as a good dose of classic Grateful Dead. Below is an excerpt from a recent phone conversation I had with Hart as he was recovering from a late night in the recording studio finishing up his new album. But, the irrepressible Hart couldn’t possibly mask his raw enthusiasm for Mysterium Tremendum."

Here's the link. There's also a short interview, and some photo's. www.flaglive.com/flagstafflive_story.cfm?storyID=229364
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Chester
More or less in line

#129702 2 years, 1 month ago
From the Rio in Santa Cruz, march 1st.

Chester
More or less in line

#129703 2 years, 1 month ago
Setlists are fairly predictable. Not much variation. But I will post occasional setlists when they become available.
The Stella Blue on the first night, however, was a "breakout".
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortimer
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#130041 2 years, 1 month ago
Just a bump to the current page, so I don't have to dig for it. I keep hoping we'll find a stream for one of these!

Chester wrote:
Mickey Hart Band @ The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz, CA — Thursday, March 1 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles, CA — Friday, March 2 at 9:00pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ The Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas, NV — Saturday, March 3 at 9:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Orpheum Theatre in Flagstaff, AZ — Sunday, March 4 at 8:00pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ The SLO Brewery in San Luis Obispo, CA — Tuesday, March 6 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ the Raven Theater, Healdsburg Ca Wed March 7, show 8:00 PM

Mickey Hart Band @ The Colonial Theatre, Sacramento, CA — Thursday, March 8 at 7:30pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The El Rey Theatre in Chico, CA — Friday, March 9 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Headliner's Music Hall in Louisville KY — Tuesday, April 10 at 9:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland OH — Wednesday, April 11 at 8:00pm

The Mickey Hart Band at Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe, PA — Thursday, April 12 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Ridgefield Playhouse in Ridgefield , CT — Friday, April 13 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band at the Tupelo Music Hall in Londonderry , NH — Saturday, April 14 at 6:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ 9:30 Club in Washington D.C. — Monday, April 16 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC — Tuesday, April 17 at 8:00pm

The Mickey Hart Band @ The Orange Peel in Ashville, NC — Wednesday, April 18 at 8:00pm

The Mickey Hart Band @ The Wanee Festival in Live Oak, FL — Friday, April 20 at 12:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ the Sweetwater 420 Festival in Atlanta GA — Saturday, April 21 at 12:30pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ the WorkPlay Theater in Birmingham AL — Sunday, April 22 at 7:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville AR — Monday, April 23 at 7:30pm

The Mickey Hart Band @ Granada Theater in Dallas TX — Wednesday, April 25 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ La Zona Rosa in Austin TX — Thursday, April 26 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Tipitina's in New Orleans, LA — Friday, April 27 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Soul Kitchen in Mobile, AL — Saturday, April 28 at 9:00pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ New Daisy Theatre in Memphis, TN — Sunday, April 29 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Tower Theater in Bend OR — Monday, May 7 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Vogue Theater Vancouver BC — Tuesday, May 8 at 8:00pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ Neptune Theater Seattle WA — Wednesday, May 9 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Crystal Ball Room Portland OR — Thursday, May 10 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Ashland Armory Ashland OR — Friday, May 11 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Knitting Factory Concert House Spokane WA — Saturday, May 12 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Knitting Factory Concert House Boise ID — Tuesday, May 15 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The State Room Salt Lake City UT — Wednesday, May 16 at 8:00pm

Updated again. Several new shows added.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#130044 2 years, 1 month ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Just a bump to the current page, so I don't have to dig for it. I keep hoping we'll find a stream for one of these!

Chester wrote:
Mickey Hart Band @ The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz, CA — Thursday, March 1 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles, CA — Friday, March 2 at 9:00pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ The Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas, NV — Saturday, March 3 at 9:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Orpheum Theatre in Flagstaff, AZ — Sunday, March 4 at 8:00pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ The SLO Brewery in San Luis Obispo, CA — Tuesday, March 6 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ the Raven Theater, Healdsburg Ca Wed March 7, show 8:00 PM

Mickey Hart Band @ The Colonial Theatre, Sacramento, CA — Thursday, March 8 at 7:30pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The El Rey Theatre in Chico, CA — Friday, March 9 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Headliner's Music Hall in Louisville KY — Tuesday, April 10 at 9:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland OH — Wednesday, April 11 at 8:00pm

The Mickey Hart Band at Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe, PA — Thursday, April 12 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Ridgefield Playhouse in Ridgefield , CT — Friday, April 13 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band at the Tupelo Music Hall in Londonderry , NH — Saturday, April 14 at 6:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ 9:30 Club in Washington D.C. — Monday, April 16 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC — Tuesday, April 17 at 8:00pm

The Mickey Hart Band @ The Orange Peel in Ashville, NC — Wednesday, April 18 at 8:00pm

The Mickey Hart Band @ The Wanee Festival in Live Oak, FL — Friday, April 20 at 12:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ the Sweetwater 420 Festival in Atlanta GA — Saturday, April 21 at 12:30pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ the WorkPlay Theater in Birmingham AL — Sunday, April 22 at 7:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville AR — Monday, April 23 at 7:30pm

The Mickey Hart Band @ Granada Theater in Dallas TX — Wednesday, April 25 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ La Zona Rosa in Austin TX — Thursday, April 26 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Tipitina's in New Orleans, LA — Friday, April 27 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Soul Kitchen in Mobile, AL — Saturday, April 28 at 9:00pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ New Daisy Theatre in Memphis, TN — Sunday, April 29 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Tower Theater in Bend OR — Monday, May 7 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Vogue Theater Vancouver BC — Tuesday, May 8 at 8:00pm.

Mickey Hart Band @ Neptune Theater Seattle WA — Wednesday, May 9 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Crystal Ball Room Portland OR — Thursday, May 10 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Ashland Armory Ashland OR — Friday, May 11 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Knitting Factory Concert House Spokane WA — Saturday, May 12 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Knitting Factory Concert House Boise ID — Tuesday, May 15 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The State Room Salt Lake City UT — Wednesday, May 16 at 8:00pm

Updated again. Several new shows added.

Good luck finding that stream!

For what it's worth, Mickey has even more shows scheduled. I KNOW he's playing in a local place on Long Island NY in the fall. I THINK ticket go on sale this Friday.

So it should be steam city.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Chester
More or less in line

#130046 2 years, 1 month ago
SF. I saw your post about an august show on Long Island. Post some more info if you can. Thanks.
Chester
More or less in line

#130089 2 years, 1 month ago
From the El Ray, in L.A. on march 2nd.

The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#130404 2 years, 1 month ago
Really looking forward to seeing these guys in April!! I might even check them for some summer tour if the coordinates are better aligned than Furthur. I could only see myself catching the two at Coney island and Bethel this summer. The other shows are just too far apart.
volare
Senior Boarder

#130423 2 years, 1 month ago
fourwnds wrote:
Thanks geoff for the rounds and setting me off on the correct fork home, it was wonderful to meet you and anna..I hope your trip home is a safe one

Just saw this post today for the first time...it was indeed a great show and after-party! See you at Cubensis!!
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Chester
More or less in line

#130631 2 years, 1 month ago
Another great read. www.newsreview.com/chico/longer-stranger.../content?oid=5377494

Mickey will be in Chico California tonight, march 9th.
Chester
More or less in line

#130633 2 years, 1 month ago
And, Mickey will be a headliner at this years Bears picnic. abearspicnic.com/

August 17th to the 20th, Lincoln Park, Laurelton Pa.
2012 Confirmed Artist:
Mickey Hart Band, 7 Walkers (feat. Bill Kreutzmann & George Porter Jr), New Riders of the Purple Sage, Melvin Seals & JGB Band,
David Gans, Cabinet, MiZ, McMule, Waylon Speed,
Willie Jack & the Northern Light, Stackabones, Dr Sloth Claw, Mysterytrain, Ikebe Shakedown, Viral Sound, Dirk Quinn Band, Funktional Flow, Bud & Budd ~ The Kind Buds, Flux Capacitor and many more t.b.a. shortly!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Chester
More or less in line

#130930 2 years, 1 month ago
I just saw information about a Mickey Hart Band show, at the Paramount, 370 New York Ave, Huntington, NY.
Tickets went on sale today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#131123 2 years, 1 month ago
Raven Theatre, March 7th

Colonial Theatre, March 8th

Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Island Head.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#131145 2 years, 1 month ago
can't wait to see this band at Wanee, hopefully they get a decent leangth set
Time to create page: 1.11 seconds