• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Any TOOL fans out there?

#61524 2 years, 6 months ago
I have often pushed the similarities between TOOL and GD to my friends but often my comparisons fall on deaf ears! I can't help but notice striking similarities not only in the content of their music but also in the idea that both bands push musical boundaries to new plateaus of understanding in the human experience. Any takers?!?
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: Any TOOL fans out there?

#61601 2 years, 6 months ago
Love TOOL had the pleasure of seeing em' on their last tour, great music I've also tried to turn buddies that were into the likes of Floyd, or The Dead, on to em but I dunno a lot of people hate on them. I got into them because of Alex Greys art work actually who I have since had the pleasure of meeting on two occasions. Also the fact that they are heavily influenced by the late Bill Hicks sure helps out a lot!.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#62653 2 years, 6 months ago
Big Time!! One of my favourite bands of all time. Had the chance to see them twice while living in Vancouver. In 94 and 98. Got all their shit on vinyl too including a beautiful coloured vinyl copy of 10 000 days, double picture disc of Lateralus! Never got into a Perfect Circle though, just never clicked with me.
Chester
More or less in line

#62666 2 years, 6 months ago
Haven't heard too much, but what I've heard, I've liked.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#62768 2 years, 6 months ago
Check out Alex Greys website he has some signed copies of lateralus and 10,000 for $20 Grate Deadl!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#63624 2 years, 6 months ago
Oh hell yeah. One of the only true original and unique bands of my generation. Great live. Intense. Nobody sounds like them.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds