• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Hep C Benefit-Almmans Show Tonight on Sirius!

#44330 3 years, 2 months ago
Live: Allman Brothers Band Benefit Concert

Hear a live broadcast of the Allman Brothers Band’s sold-out benefit concert “Tune In To Hep C” from the Beacon Theatre in New York. The concert, organized to help raise awareness of the chronic hepatitis C virus infection, will air in its entirety Wednesday, July 27 at 8 pm ET; rebroadcasts will air Friday, July 29 at 6 pm and Sunday, July 31 at 12 pm ET.

Proceeds from the benefit will be donated to community-based organizations that provide education and support to people with chronic hepatitis C. Visit www.tuneintohepc.com/ for more info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Hep C Benefit-Almmans Show Tonight on Sirius!

#44563 3 years, 2 months ago
What a great show! I would have missed it if you hadn’t posted this- thanks again. Jamming first set, ending with a couple of songs w/Natalie Cole (Weight, Change is Gonna Come). Then Phil, Crosby and Nash joined ABB in the 2nd set- amazing Cowboy Movie (!), Almost Cut My Hair, Find the Cost of Freedom. Gotta love David’s donor rap: “just sign the god damned little card!” Followed by SHAKEDOWN! And then Sugaree! Then Franklin’s! They just kept playing and playing, Phil, Warren and Derek together again and sounding fine. And Phil and Oteil were a big old fun bunch of bass!! Bill Evans on sax, too. Closed with a hot Whipping Post>Midnight Rider>Will the Circle Be Unbroken (Natalie and Billy Gibbons on the last one). Another classic at the Beacon- I suggest catching the replays if you can.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Hep C Benefit-Almmans Show Tonight on Sirius!

#44657 3 years, 2 months ago
Thank you both for the great reviews. I will definitely try to catch the re-broadcast.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds