• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: Trading on Furthur.net?

#46510 3 years ago
Bakes wrote:
I still like an old fashioned vine every now and then. Not everyone has the capability to download, so vines work well and can be fun.

Bakes: don't get me wrong. i have nothing against vines or trading by snail mail. my only point is that the availability of torrents on the internet contributes to less interest in trading through the mail.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#46635 3 years ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
Bakes wrote:
I still like an old fashioned vine every now and then. Not everyone has the capability to download, so vines work well and can be fun.

Bakes: don't get me wrong. i have nothing against vines or trading by snail mail. my only point is that the availability of torrents on the internet contributes to less interest in trading through the mail.

yeah I agree, maybe that's why no one seemed to jump on this. I signed up for the DVD vine cause I'm not sure how to download those, but if I want a particular show I just download it now. Torrents totally destroyed the old scene, it still goes on but not like it did.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#46680 3 years ago
I for one, have no net access at home. So if anyone is willing to send me live shows, I will send you somthing back in return.

Or if needed I could send blanks to use and woulld gladly pay postage.

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#46753 3 years ago
Bakes wrote:

Bakes, et al...: it seems there are at least a small handful of people on the forum that like vines or need them to obtain live shows. i see that a vine recently started for the TRI DVD, so why not keep the trend going with new vines. i'm happy to start one (or two or three...), but would like feedback as to what people want. suggestions?
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#47049 3 years ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
Bakes wrote:

Bakes, et al...: it seems there are at least a small handful of people on the forum that like vines or need them to obtain live shows. i see that a vine recently started for the TRI DVD, so why not keep the trend going with new vines. i'm happy to start one (or two or three...), but would like feedback as to what people want. suggestions?

yeah, I'd start some too, it doesn't necessarily have to be Dead related either.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#47064 3 years ago
FOR ME I HAVE NO dvd BURNER so i like dvds,i got a few shows someone made me looking forward to the tri showstill not sure how the etree stuff works
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#54846 2 years, 11 months ago
Sorry I got distracted! Yep I know allll about etree, believe me LOL! I was trading on dead.net for a few years but would like to start some vines here. I just like sharing I guess!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#54882 2 years, 11 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
I for one, have no net access at home. So if anyone is willing to send me live shows, I will send you somthing back in return.

Or if needed I could send blanks to use and woulld gladly pay postage.

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Hey now ecojaded ... I have a bunch of dvds of shn and flac files that have accumulated on my desk from trades I have done with folks. It's ridiculous to throw them out so I'd like to make vines out of them! I was just getting ready to celebrate the 28 year anniversary of Red Rocks 9/6 - 9/8 1983 ... care to join? =) I could also throw in 1979: 8/14,31, 9/1,2,4 and 1989: 4/16, 7/9,13,15. Like 4 dvds. I could make them their own topic then we could make a list with you #1 and if someone else wants them they could put their name on the list. And so on ... Otherwise if no one else is really interested I'll just send them to you ecojaded and not worry about making a list ...

Denver Man
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#55774 2 years, 11 months ago
DenverMan....it's been a while since I traded CDs. Now, all lossless stuff. I guess one just burns it all on DVDs, multiple shows? Let me work out my technology, but then I'm on board. I've lots to share!

Also, is that amazing photo from a meet and greet or just cool encounter?
Peace!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#59386 2 years, 11 months ago
shakedownst wrote:
DenverMan....it's been a while since I traded CDs. Now, all lossless stuff. I guess one just burns it all on DVDs, multiple shows? Let me work out my technology, but then I'm on board. I've lots to share!

Also, is that amazing photo from a meet and greet or just cool encounter?
Peace!

Yeah I was lucky to be a part of a Meet n' Greet last year at Red Rocks. Probably the greatest night of my life. Well ok not as great as getting married or when my daughter was born but man it was right up there!!

Yeah bro you should get into lossless. Have you downloaded Trader's Little Helper? That program is the key to a lot of music my friend!
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#59870 2 years, 11 months ago
Yep, I have TLH...I just typically burn CDs to share and listen to rather than trade on DVD with others. Could be fun...

I am a lucky one who plans to do a m&g at red rocks this year!! Nothing so exciting to me as a chance to meet my musical hero! I'm kind of nervous....

And it's not "bro" so much as it's "sista"...
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#61801 2 years, 11 months ago
Ooppss sorry sista! =) Wow you will have fun. I am kind of beating myself up for not doing the m&g again this year. Ok I am going to start a vine on a separate thread. In honor of the upcoming Furthur Red Rocks I will do the Red Rocks run of 1983. =)
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds