• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

Re: OK , who likes Metal ?

#28393 3 years, 1 month ago
Judas Priest Debut New Guitarist on American Idol 5/25/11

"No, your eyes did not deceive you – the one and only Judas Priest just debuted their new guitarist, Richie Faulkner, tonight on American Idol! Ripping through a medley that included kick ass renditions of two 'British Steel' classics ('Living After Midnight' and 'Breakin' the Law') with major Priest fan – and this season 'American Idol' hopeful – James Durbin joining in on vocals.

This is the second time that Durbin has professed his admiration for Priest on the show, as he wowed judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler a while back with a rendition of 'You've Got Another Thing Comin''. Although Durbin was recently voted off the show, he undoubtedly has a bright rocking future ahead, as evidenced by his multi-octave vocal range.

Judas Priest recently announced plans to launch their farewell Epitaph Tour, which will take them around the world, including a just-announced U.S. tour of arenas from October through December, which will also feature opening acts THIN LIZZY and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY.

Speaking on Wednesday to the Rolling Stone website, Priest singer Rob Halford had the following to say about what fans can expect on the group's forthcoming trek. "We're pulling out all the stops. We've built a brand new stage set, we've got all the effects that people love us for – the lasers, the fire, the bombs, the smoke, new costumes, and the bike. It's just a full-on metal extravaganza."

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by the highway terror.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#28395 3 years, 1 month ago
Live ZZ Top Release !

Live in Germany 1980. This 16-song Texas manifesto features guitarist Billy F Gibbons, drummer Frank Beard and bassist Dusty Hill, in an onstage explosion of barrelhouse jump blues and boogie.

The Grugahalle in Essen was rockin’ on that night in 1980. ZZ Top, touring in support of 1979’s Deguello, is totally energized on nine of Deguello’s tracks, complemented by fan favorites from Tres Hombres (1973) and Fandango (1975), as well as righteous roots-reverent covers of ELMORE JAMES and ELVIS PRESLEY. (The concert was filmed for German television’s popular Rockpalast program and released on DVD as Double Down Live in 2009.)

Live in Germany 1980 tracklisting:
'El Deguello'
'I Thank You'
'Waitin’ For the Bus'
'Jesus Just Left Chicago'
'Precious And Grace'
'Manic Mechanic'
'Lowdown In The Street'
'Heard It On The X'
'Fool For Your Stockings'
'Cheap Sunglasses'
'Arrested For Driving While Blind'
'Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers'
'La Grange / Sloppy Drunk / Bar-B-Q'
'Dust My Broom'
'Jailhouse Rock'
'Tush'
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#29109 3 years, 1 month ago
Neil Peart To Guest On The Late Show With David Letterman

the latest print edition of Entertainment Weekly (June 3/10 double issue) lists an appearance by RUSH drum legend Neil Peart on the Late Show With David Letterman as part of Drum Solo Week on Thursday, June 9th.
Apparently Rush has been so impressed by the success of their European tour (the UK leg ended this week) that they are considering breaking with tradition and headlining one of the large British festival shows next summer as reported earlier this week by rock/metal news site Rush on Rock. Some of the possible festivals being considered are High Voltage, Download and Sonisphere. The show would be part of their planned tour in support of their forthcoming studio album Clockwork Angels.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#29572 3 years, 1 month ago
Man O' War---Dark Avenger

the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#31568 3 years, 1 month ago
FREE Bon Jovi Streaming Concert Live on UStream
June 12th 1:00 est
www.bravewords.com/news/163293
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#32229 3 years, 1 month ago
If you've never heard Novembers Doom check them out ! they're from Illinois and they sound like a doomier slayer (Slower tempos, Less Death and Mayhem, but still a riff fest)

a short review of their new one.......

"Novembers Doom - Aphotic"The End Records

Past albums have focused on lyrical themes surrounding religion, water, and the changing of seasons. Aphotic tackles the darkness within us, the unsavory thoughts that sometimes dictate our lives. Light-heartedness has never been the band’s strong suit, and this go-around is no different. Disturbing lines like, “I will fill your soul with pain. I will make you pray for your death,” from “Buried” are the norm, which will please fans and creep out everybody else.

It’s hard not to recommend Aphotic to the metal masses. There are chances taken and risks that pay off. There may be some backlash to the calmer “What Could Have Been” and “Shadow Play,” but the band has been doing this kind of stuff for years; they just aren’t holding back anymore. That mentality does wonders in Novembers Doom composing one of finest albums of their career.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#33747 3 years, 1 month ago
I was a metal head before I was a dead/wsp/phish head.

Master Of Puppets is probably the greatest metal album ever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Chester
More or less in line

#33754 3 years, 1 month ago
I too loved metal, before I turned to the psychedelic jam band scene. Really, I like all kinds of music.
But, I was a "Led Head" before I was "Dead Head". : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#33801 3 years, 1 month ago
i just the big 4 dvd from amazon today tonite is headbanger nite i think
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#38251 3 years ago
Mastodon News

Heavy rock innovators Mastodon have revealed the title of their new album plus six new song titles that will appear on their next full-length studio album to be released on Reprise Records later this year. The new LP, The Hunter, will include the tracks: "Curl Of The Burl," "Dry Bone Valley," "Blasteroids," "The Octopus Has No Friends," "All The Heavy Lifting," and "Stargasm." Complete details to be announced soon.

The follow-up to 2009's critically embraced Crack The Skye was recorded in the band's hometown of Atlanta as well as in Los Angeles with producer Mike Elizondo. Mastodon is bassist/vocalist Troy Sanders, guitarist/vocalist Brent Hinds, guitarist Bill Keliher, and drummer/vocalist Brann Dailor.

Beginning tomorrow June 28th, fans can log on to www.adultswim.com/singles to download a rare and previously unreleased song from the Crack The Skye sessions, titled "Deathbound," as part of the ten week 2011 Adult Swim Singles Program. The same destination will also offer an amazing exclusive video for the song. This is the only place to see and hear this Mastodon rarity.

At present, Mastodon is in Europe and Russia for a summer-long tour that includes the Roskilde Festival and several dates on this year's Sonisphere Festival. The band will also play a one-off show at The Gorge in Seattle on July 30 with Soundgarden, Queens Of The Stone Age, and Meat Puppets. Mastodon's upcoming tour dates are as follows.

Mastodon Tour Dates
06/28 Patronaat Haarlem, NL
06/29 Metropol Hengelo, NL
07/01 Roskilde Festival Roskilde, DEN
07/02 Sonisphere Festival Helsinki, FIN
*07/03 Glav Club St. Petersburg, RUS
*07/04 Arena Moscow Moscow, RUS
*07/06 Colos-Saal Aschaffenburg, GER
07/08 Sonisphere Festival Amneville, FRA
07/09 Sonisphere Festival Stockholm, SWE
07/10 Sonisphere Festival Knebworth, UK
*07/12 C-Club Berlin, GER
07/13 Metalcamp Festival Tolmin, SLO
07/14 Hegyalja Festival Tokaj, HUN
07/16 Sonisphere Festival Madrid, SPN
07/24 Heavy TO Toronto, CAN
07/30 The Gorge Seattle, WA

*headlining show
Last Edit: 3 years ago by the highway terror.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds