• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

OK , who likes Metal ?

#4136 3 years, 1 month ago
Before I got into the dead scene if it wasn't metal I didn't wanna hear it.
I dont listen to much hard/heavy music these days but I still have my old lp's.
how many heads like judas priest , iron maiden , saxon and motorhead, or any other hard/ heavy music ?
Last Edit: 3 years ago by the highway terror.
Lynx
Visitor

Re: OK , who likes Metal ?

#4215 3 years, 1 month ago
I too was a metalhead at one time. Pantera, GNR, Metallica, etc. And although I didn't care for their self-titled first album, I still think Skid Row's "slave to the grind" is one of the best metal albums of all time (along with Queensryche's "operation mindcrime").
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by .
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#4249 3 years, 1 month ago
Mindcrime is a great album. I got to see Queensryche warm up for Metallica at Toledo Sports Arena.

It was the first date of Metallicas 1988 Justice tour
Queensryche played a few of the key songs from Mindcrime that night but didn't do the album in it's entirety til '90

have you heard Mindcrime 2 ?
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by the highway terror.
Lynx
Visitor

#4258 3 years, 1 month ago
"have you heard mindcrime 2"

funny you should ask. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing until just recently...shows how far out of the loop i've been with regards the the metal scene. But I did just happen across it... some late night TV commercial I think... it kinda freaked me out. Felt like when you check the mail and find an invite to a class reunion... Panic, fascination and a flood-of-weird/awkward memories all at once.
Voodoo Chile
Junior Boarder

#4273 3 years, 1 month ago
if you like metal my cous is involved with

stubblemusiczine.com/
"Distant life, different name
Another ride, just the same"
hunter/lesh
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#4274 3 years, 1 month ago
thanks for the link
WGJORDAN3
Junior Boarder

#4294 3 years, 1 month ago
BLACK SABBATH, METALLICA (ANYTHING EBEFORE THE BLACK ALBUM,) IRON MAIDEN, RUSH, SLAYER, ect....
"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
about1270due
Fresh Boarder

#4989 3 years ago
in '68 ,i was 15-16 and had mc-5,rationals,etc all the time.they were local.moved west later in the year...don't know that i'd call the 5 metal..but they were as heavy and loud as blue cheer(if not more)...after the 5..most loud stuff never quite touched me..save iggy...again,just really loud.find most post'75 metal boring...BUT that's just me..there's still GREAT head bangin music goin on..
acousticPhenomena
Junior Boarder

#5018 3 years ago
King Crimson, TOOL, NIN, Perfect Circle, Mars Volta, Primus.
sgrmagmom
Fresh Boarder

#5045 3 years ago
I'm definitely a metal fan! I was just discussing Iron Maiden with a friend of mine the other night, apparently he had forgotten just how awesome they are! I recommended another listen to Run To The Hills, LOUD, with the lights out. Very intense. My kids were at the dentist the other day, both were getting cavities filled & were scared of the Nitrous, so I gave them their MP3 players with Paranoid & all their Black Sabbath ready to play, I think I may have inadvertently started something.
Thank you for a real good time!
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds