• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
mirabelasunshine
Junior Boarder

GD 1983-09-02 Boise Pavilion ... wow!

#39291 3 years, 3 months ago
Killer aud tape available for download on the archive.

Why have I never heard of this show until now? It is just completely on fire. Think SPAC '83, Merriwether Post '85, MSG '81 type of raging-monster-snorting-fire type of intensity. And the tape is really good.

Yowzers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: GD 1983-09-02 Boise Pavilion ... wow!

#39357 3 years, 3 months ago
I was at this show, and it was one of the highlights of a very special year. The whole late spring and then summer tours were real sweet. This is the only time the Dead played at this venue. I don't think the venue knew what they were getting into. I witnessed a cop park his patrol car to check on some illegal vending, and while he was gone this guy selling bumper stickers rushed over and yelled out Hey check this out and slapped a few stickers on the patrol car. Quick as a wink a bunch of other heads rushed over with their bumper stickers and started plastering the car all over. It happened real fast and when the cop came back a few minutes later he saw his car had been Dead-ified. He just shook his head, got in and slowly drove away. Inside was great, lots of excited locals and a huge group of sweaty, touchy-feely dancing heads in the hall. We danced our butts off, particularly during the long segue from Sugar Magnolia into Sunshine Daydream, where Bobby just kept pushing it and pushing it, til we started looking at each other like whats he up to, will it ever happen? and then finally, finally................. the beat.......stop.........Sunshine.......Daydream.......a few more songs, and then at the last note of the encore, I swear, ALL the dancers in the hall just dropped to the floor in unision in an exhausted ecstasy from the extreme dance workout, and all just lay there moaning and writhing orgasmically until the audience exited the auditorium, and we noticed legs picking their way out amongst us, and realized we needed to get up off the floor. I remember thinking everyone passing through would agree ' Sure we had a great show inside the auditorium, but what the hell did we miss out on out here in the hall...?' the biggest sweaty love fest ever, baby, complete with orgasmic release, thats what! One of my 10 best Dead shows ever. I'm glad some of this special magic can come through the tape.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#39410 3 years, 3 months ago
mirabelasunshine wrote:
Killer aud tape available for download on the archive.

Why have I never heard of this show until now? It is just completely on fire. Think SPAC '83, Merriwether Post '85, MSG '81 type of raging-monster-snorting-fire type of intensity. And the tape is really good.

Yowzers!

That glorious late summer '83 run. I never hear anybody talk about that show. Did that run (missed Utah) . Three at Red Rocks, + two at the Downs of Santa Fe.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#43041 3 years, 3 months ago
Hi everyone. I am moving away from dead.net and looking for a new place to do some trading. Does anyone do any trading on furthur.net? SHN/FLAC on dvds format. For example, I have a nice sbd of this show. Anyways, please point me in the right direction. Many thanks!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.94 seconds