• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Phish Summer Tour

#314675 7 months, 2 weeks ago
7/3 Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center
7/4 Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center
7/5 Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center
7/8 Philadelphia, PA The Mann
7/9 Philadelphia, PA The Mann
7/11 New York, NY Randall's Island
7/12 New York, NY Randall's Island
7/13 New York, NY Randall's Island
7/15 Canandaigua, NY CMAC
7/16 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
7/18 Chicago, IL FirstMerit Bank Pavilion on Northerly Island
7/19 Chicago, IL FirstMerit Bank Pavilion on Northerly Island
7/20 Chicago, IL FirstMerit Bank Pavilion on Northerly Island
7/25 Charlotte, NC PNC Music Pavilion
7/26 Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
7/27 Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
7/29 Portsmouth, VA nTelos Wireless Pavilion
7/30 Portsmouth, VA nTelos Wireless Pavilion
8/1 Orange Beach, AL The Amphitheater at the Wharf
8/2 Birmingham, AL Oak Mountain Amphitheatre
8/3 Alpharetta, GA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park
8/29 Commerce City, CO Dick's Sporting Goods Park
8/30 Commerce City, CO Dick's Sporting Goods Park
8/31 Commerce City, CO Dick's Sporting Goods Park

The Mann! They're playing the Mann. First time, I believe, since '95. In '93 I saw them there, my second Phish show. They encored with the acapella Freebird and that's what made me a Phish head.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
dwlemen
Fresh Boarder

Re: Phish Summer Tour

#334044 3 months ago
I don't like this trend that so many bands are doing now... just play multiple nights in the biggest cities and drive by all the others. Seen Phish several times at Deer Crk in Indiana. This tour I would have had to travel up to Chicago to see them. And since that was out of the budget, I'll miss them this year.

I'm sure it's cheaper for the bands, but it really leaves out their fans who can't travel multiple states to see them.

Guess I just long for the days when bands would come through Indiana.

-Dave
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: Phish Summer Tour

#334054 3 months ago
dwlemen wrote:
I don't like this trend that so many bands are doing now... just play multiple nights in the biggest cities and drive by all the others. Seen Phish several times at Deer Crk in Indiana. This tour I would have had to travel up to Chicago to see them. And since that was out of the budget, I'll miss them this year.

I'm sure it's cheaper for the bands, but it really leaves out their fans who can't travel multiple states to see them.

Guess I just long for the days when bands would come through Indiana.

-Dave

It's usually just a matter of economics. Less expensive for them to do multiple dates in one city that will sell out all the shows than to travel to 3 different cities where each of them may not sell as many tickets as a multi-night run in a larger city.

Plus, in some ways, with bands like Phish, WSP, Furthur, that do a different set each night, it may actually be cheaper for fans to be able to catch a 3 night run in a destination city, than for them to have to travel each day to a mid-size city that may not offer the same attractions and convenience that a larger city does. And just so you know, I live in KC, and we are almost considered a 3rd tier city when it comes to bands hitting my town. We are starving for good shows, and it's quite a drive for me to head anywhere out of town for a show. Just my 2 cents. YMMV!
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 3 months ago by Strider1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, cosmicJerry
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds