• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
cosmicJerry
Senior Boarder

Festival express

#290657 1 year ago
Who stops a train in front of liquor store to buy booze?!
the cast: the grateful dead, the band, janis joplin, buddy guy.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1, ratdog2112
kevin
Platinum Boarder

Re: Festival express

#290821 1 year ago
classic movie, Good Stuff
-- smell every flower --
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#290861 1 year ago
Yes, so glad that both this and Sunshine Daydream made it out as official releases.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
stellarbrews
Junior Boarder

#291905 12 months ago
Four of us, all still teenagers, went west from Vancouver aboard another passenger train to meet the eastbound Festival Express in Calgary in that summer of 1970.

They had camping for us at Prince's Island in Calgary, and then we somehow got over to McMahon Stadium for the show.
For some reason, Phil Lesh turned up the night before at the camping area and was talking with some folks, and I, as a young bass player, remember watching him from a distance, thinking "Does it get any better than this?."

For me it was all about the Dead, but I also remember the performances by Sha Na Na and Janis, too. Sha Na Na really knew how to work the stage.

I remember after the show retreating, feeling so exhilerated, to a local convenience store for something to eat.

We had heard about the problems with people trying to get in for free at other venues and I thought: "This is one of the highlights of my brief life. What's the problem with paying a few bucks to see the Dead and Janis and why on earth would anyone want to mess it up?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds