• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

Re: when the boys revive the Dead...

#43207 2 years, 9 months ago
EXACTLY taper... same here, man. Same here. To a 't'.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#44024 2 years, 9 months ago
Helllllllll no on Warren hell a weak. John is the best.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#44026 2 years, 9 months ago
Warrens guitar is not soothing and crisp at all. And doesn't stretch a note out
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#44139 2 years, 9 months ago
dude playing in a dead cover band then getting bumped up to the closest to the real thing goin, is hella pressure im sure, and i will admit, i have never liked DSO, onlly seen them 3 times, and i went to see JK with trepidation, i thought he would be a sucky jerry wanta be. i was wrong. he is kicking ass. better than warren, better than herring, the best guitarist with the boys since Kimock/Karan. i bet if he stays on board long enough, people will cut him some slack, cause i was a shit talker, and after he melted my face with a few solos, i shut the hell up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba, 23atwell, bow4bass
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#75943 2 years, 6 months ago
I wonder if maybe it's a good sign for potential Dead reunions that Weir played three times with Hart and two times with Hornsby this year. These guys have got to be thinking about possible Obama '12 re-election gigs at this point (it's about time to be planning for that sort of thing), and what would blow the barn doors off more in 2012 than performances by the Core Four plus Bruce, Donna, and whoever (maybe Mark Karan) on guitar? I hope the Boyz do something musical together next year, and if they do, it should be something that hits even harder than the 2000-2009 Other Ones/Dead lineups. That's my $.02. Make it happen!!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#76143 2 years, 6 months ago
Best Ratdog tour was '07 with Kimock....

I like that they all have their own bands - Furthur, 7 Walkers, MH Band, hell it's just that many more opportunities to hear the music we love...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#91467 2 years, 4 months ago
Okay, now this is my "Dead Heads For Obama 2012" lineup suggestion: Weir, Lesh, Kreutzmann, Hart, Hornsby, Marsalis, Sless, and Donna Jean. It would work (musically and interpersonally), and it could even turn out to be the best post-Garcia show ever. Why not?
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#91553 2 years, 4 months ago
I've been thinking about this for awhile before posting, and I know I'd be there no matter what the lineup. I just hope that if or when it happens that everyone involved really wants to be doing it.
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds