• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: when the boys revive the Dead...

#30175 3 years, 4 months ago
How about Jk or Stu Allen?
I personally think Warren an Kimock are rockin at their own thing and should stay at it, respectively
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#30183 3 years, 4 months ago
I want to see the Dead reunite and do the rotating lineup ala Phil and Friends 99. That was to me the finest post Jerry music created by the other ones
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
DaysBetween
Junior Boarder

#30199 3 years, 4 months ago
When and if Phil, Bobby, Mickey & Billy revive the Dead .........

I would like them to keep all the players from Furthur and add Joan Osborne & Greg Osby to the mix.

Joan could sing lead on some special songs, duet on some of the songs that Phil sings, and sing back-up with the others during other songs.

Greg could come out for the space-type songs (Darks Star, Eyes, Unbroken Chain, etc) and jams, but leave the stage during songs like FOTD, BIODTL, Cumberland, etc.

Big frickin' band with a big, creative sound!

But, hey, it's just a personal wish list
Peace,
-Steve
Let your life proceed by it's own design....
Inner Listening4Knowledge
Fresh Boarder
"In Stillness all things can be known."

#30878 3 years, 4 months ago
I get the feeling, without any articles or info, that the Dead lineup would not be out of the question, just like I had the feeling in 01 that Billy would be in the house on NYE with the other 3 locals. and he was.

But it does seem that it is mostly not part of the question for now, probably next year its possible. JK is the natural choice.

Honestly, I doubt Horns would do it, Warren might.

I'd like to see them reunite with JK, although the Barraco and Jimmy (and Warren) days between were sweet.

I for one missed Warren in 03, when Bobby just didn't seem to be there enough vocally, and I couldn't hear him guitar wise, and there was a little too much space in the sound. Also Billy and Mickey and everyone were just finding their sea legs again. It was different than the 98 and 99 incarnations, and I think I missed that uber full sound. They meant well, but the show I saw needed Warren. That was then, and all the people I alluded to are not in that same place mentally anymore, also they're not touring with Dylan which, personally, now that I know more about what his lyrics really mean and intend, well, I would prefer a tour with Willie or DTB or even SCI. ...thx for the thread....since many of us still would love to hear the music made with the remaining members, I'd love to hear more RH and Dead/whoever collaborations too, but maybe they wouldn't love to make them.... nor would i blame them .....the American Beauty Project stuff is pretty fun to listen to though. Lauderdale is super phun.
"Step 3: WHAT DO I REALLY KNOW?

Ask yourself what do I really know and distinguish
what you know from what you think or hope for or want for
yourself or your world, what you are afraid of, what you believe in,
what you cherish and what you value."
STEPS TO KNOWLEDGE-THE BOOK OF INNER KNOWING, the book of daily practice.
www.newmessage.org/books/steps-to-knowledge.php
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#30972 3 years, 4 months ago
jackie greene
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

#31347 3 years, 4 months ago
All of this was addressed by both Bob and Phil. The Dead still has work to do....
So does Ratdog, so does P&F. Furthur is doing good things right now so ride it while you can.

As for The Dead, Warren doesn't cut it with that band, IMO. He's far better suited with Mule and he shows it with them. Not w/ The Dead, IMO. 09 Warren got loose out on the west coast but fell short time after time on the east coast. IMO. Jimmy is just overkill for this music, IMO. Can't see Phil ever playing with Kimock again. So that leaves John who, IMO, would be the best person for the part. He's got the sound, he's got the vibe and he's been cutting loose more and more each tour. Something that was missing with Warren for whatever reason, IMO. ANd don't get me wrong I love Warren, this past weekend at Mtn Jam is perfect proof why, Mule killed it sat night, you will not find a The Dead show where Warren gets outside the box like that and if you think you can, post it here, I'd love to hear it. Maybe a moment here or there, but not like he can....

Alright, rant over.... ;0)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs Deviled Egg
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#33535 3 years, 4 months ago
i went to tthe first furthur shows with a preconcieved notion that tthe dso guy was a lame, jerry want a be, but im sold, he rawks!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#35081 3 years, 4 months ago
i guess the remaining members should do whatever makes them happy. but if they do some sort of reunion, they should not call themselves the GD, the Dead or anything that even implies the name Grateful Dead. for me the GD is a shell of its former self without Jerry. i mean absolutely no disrespect to Phil, Bob, Bill and Mickey by that statement... i love them all. but when Jerry passed so did the Grateful Dead.
StSteve
Fresh Boarder

#36882 3 years, 3 months ago
I have seen the Dead with Warren and have seen Furthur a few times and the Dead with Warren really got my mojo going more than than Furthur. Having Mickey and Billy really enhance the experince and set up a timing that cannot be matched. Russo is a monster but there is something on the timing Mik and Billy have going. I saw JK with Darkstar and this bounced my Mojo right off the scale. He seems rather reserve with Further as the band is so tight its hard to take off. Russo slowing down might just help. See you all at Redrock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#37260 3 years, 3 months ago
bad ass profile pic of burroughs taper t.
i just read "last words" his last book bfore he died.
great book.
Time to create page: 2.50 seconds