• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: when the boys revive the Dead...

#28686 3 years, 5 months ago
I really think we have seen the last of it.Billy seems bored by the whole thing and seems to be having fun with 7 walkers.I happen to think they aren't very good.Billy is by far the best part of that band
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#28706 3 years, 5 months ago
the people who think thats it must not have read the Relix article ..... because Booby thinks it will happen again, but not to stay he said it would be a "just for the fans" kind of thing, which it would be cool for that to happen for a nice tour and then to get back on the road with Furthur - but who knows.......
kfender
Gold Boarder

#28709 3 years, 5 months ago
Just because Bobby said it's not over doesn't mean anything.There are 4 people involved.personally i wouldn't want to see a reunion for a reunion's sake.If any of them aren't fully into it i don't see the point
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#28783 3 years, 4 months ago
I am satisfied the way it is.. I hope nothing changes.

I didn't like the dead.

however, if JK decides to go elsewhere or what ever. Kimock has always been my choice for lead.

I don't like Warren or Jimmy playing dead music.. it sounds all wrong.

I saw one show as The Dead. Didn't care to see them again.

but Furthur.. its total old skool magic..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs Deviled Egg, Tilnot, bow4bass
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#28910 3 years, 4 months ago
don't get me wrong I like Furthur much more then The Dead - the only reason I'd wanna see The Dead would be to see all 4 together again and some nice drums/space segments....

It'd even be cool for them to rivive The Dead for a (or a few) Tri broadcasts..... drums/space at Tri would be spectacular!
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#28987 3 years, 4 months ago
Now that would be excellent... I'd pay more than twenty bills for that.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#29098 3 years, 4 months ago
Although I'd love to see the Dead tour again, I don't want to pay $100 per show. I would definately say keep Warren on guitar, I loved what he brought to the Dead and don't understand why people slag him. Loved his guitar and vocals. Yeah, it's not Grateful so get over it cause that band no longer exists. And who the fuck says no to Chimenti? He is the best keyboardist in the family next to Brent. people need to let go of nostalgia and listen to the music play. I can hardly wait for all the 'flames' for not saying Pig was the best keyboardist...Right now I'm content to see Furthur because that is what is available. I've seen them 8 times and going for another 6 on summer tour. They really improved through the fall and spring shows so I predict summer tour will be sick!! I do miss the drums and space segments a lot, apparently Phil doesn't want it anymore or so I was told from someone who heard that from Jay Lane while down in Jamaica for Ratdog.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29115 3 years, 4 months ago
I think Warren is a great guitar player and singer and I like him a lot, I just think he brought to much of a southern rock sound to The Dead.... just my opinion but I think that is the reason why most people didn't like him. I still thought they were great and didn't mind it at all, and if the The Dead toured with Warren I would still see every show that I could make, I just think he's better in the Allmans and doing his own thing and JK fits in perfect playing with Bobby and Phil....
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaysBetween
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#29341 3 years, 4 months ago
i like warren in the allmans, but wont go see the almans until they bring back dickie.
current lineup with the rythem devils would do for an incarnation of "the dead" and when bobby says theyy are doin "for the fans" what that really means is "for the fans money" if thats what we want, and they can make some money on it, then we are goin get a token dead show here and there. i cant wait to see furthur at shoreline, and euguene in the fall, and hopefully some RATDOG dates thrown in there in the future. as long as the boys keep making music that kicks ass, ill keep buying tickets. i do think furthur is better than the de3d with warren.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#29376 3 years, 4 months ago
When they revive the dead itll most deff be. Mickey, Billy, Bobby, Phil, Chimenti, John K that is the combo that would have the most talent and the most passion and spirit and soul.

My first show was the dead 09 with warren and i loved it and didnt think it could get any better... Till I went to my second show in Miami 2/5/10 and saw JOHn k and that my friend is who has earned and deserves that spot more than warren and kimock.

thats why bobby and phil are playing with JK now. Its because if they would have pulled fake jerry to the dead from dso a few years after jerry died than alot of heads would have gotten butthurt about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs Deviled Egg
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds