• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
ddderek
Junior Boarder

Re: Steely Dan anyone?

#277192 1 year ago
I just saw them in Detroit about a week ago... I was disappointed in the value, what does that mean? I am now in the habit of buying good seats for shows as I am older and they are all expensive so I figure I might as well get the best seats I can. So I was in the 7th row behind the Orchestra Pit... Good seats, good sound, good performance, but WAY TOO SHORT for the $150 face value ticket price!

They were supposed to start at 7:30... a warm up three piece jazz band came out at 8pm at played 3 songs and goodbye...

Steeley Dan came out at 8:50 and played until 10:55... Two hours for $150!? No thanks...

I just saw Phish in Chicago, three shows, second row, they easily give three hours of music for $65...

As I said Steeley Dan musical performance was good, but the value was shit... and only two of us stood to dance at all... geriatric crowd to say the least!
Last Edit: 1 year ago by ddderek.
HogBackHead
Junior Boarder

Re: Steely Dan anyone?

#291121 10 months, 1 week ago
ddderek wrote:
I just saw them in Detroit about a week ago... I was disappointed in the value, what does that mean? I am now in the habit of buying good seats for shows as I am older and they are all expensive so I figure I might as well get the best seats I can. So I was in the 7th row behind the Orchestra Pit... Good seats, good sound, good performance, but WAY TOO SHORT for the $150 face value ticket price!

They were supposed to start at 7:30... a warm up three piece jazz band came out at 8pm at played 3 songs and goodbye...

Steeley Dan came out at 8:50 and played until 10:55... Two hours for $150!? No thanks...

I just saw Phish in Chicago, three shows, second row, they easily give three hours of music for $65...

As I said Steeley Dan musical performance was good, but the value was shit... and only two of us stood to dance at all... geriatric crowd to say the least!

Caught them when they came through in '94 (or '95). I'm a fan of their catalog primarily because of the clever lyricism and tight musicianship, however, that did not translate well to a live show. I remember being disappointed at the time but then happy because I could check them off my list of bands to see live. Still listen to their stuff as it's still relevant today which is a helluva lot more than you can say for a lot of stuff of that era excluding, of course, our favorite band the GD !
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds