• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: Favorite Furthur shows?

#254089 1 year, 3 months ago
2010 Hands Down !!!!!
My favorite shows are the ones I was in attendance for.

My girl in Miami, was outside the Bayfront Park Amphitheater on 2/5/10 and relayed these soundcheck's to me:
-Dear Mr. Fantasy, Mason's Children, Reuben and Cherise, Deep Elem Blues, Ashes and Glass, Ramble on Rose & King Solomon's Marbles
At this time recent Furthur Shoes were replayed GD Radio which was a great promotion tool and got me on-board. I felt that the band had just crossed over into a new phase playing tight, high energy sets with new fresh songs and a line-up of permanent members.

So in the summer of 2010 we hit the road and first stop;
#1 Oxford Maine, Nateva Festival July 4th
The show opened with "Celebration" and the rest of the songs were all GD.

#2 The next show was scheduled for Shelburne VT but moved.So a long commute to Stoudsburg PA's Sherman (Sweat-a-tourium Phil sez) Theater for an intense show. The 2nd set opener of China Doll and "The Death Don't Have No Mercy" sent chills thru everyone.

#3 Truckin' up to Ottawa Blues Fest , one solid fun-packed set:
Alabama Getaway, Don't Ease Me In, Mama Tried, Dire Wolf, Hell In A Bucket, Bertha, Truckin' > Smokestack Lightning > Casey Jones, I Need A Miracle > Help On The Way > Caution > New Speedway Boogie > Wharf Rat > I Fought The Law > Liberty, E: On The Road Again > Touch Of Grey

#4 Art Park, Lewiston NY State The hit parade continued;
Set 1: Sittin' On Top Of The World, Operator, Crazy Fingers > West L.A. Fadeaway, They Love Each Other, Big River, Woman Are Smarter, Bird Song

I did go to other shows locally in Phila. and the Nokia NYC but they did not touch the energy and happiness we felt on our mini road-trip.

"Thank you Furthur, for a Real Good Time"

Time to create page: 0.29 seconds