• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

Re: What did you listen to BEFORE the DEAD?

#44865 3 years, 2 months ago
Rap sadly!!!!
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#45066 3 years, 2 months ago
Roxy Music psychedelic Furs old school punk The Damned The Stranglers Iggy Pop
We got Miracle tickets 8 times in the late eighties after that, on the bus for life!!
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#45420 3 years, 2 months ago
cliche classic rock both 70's and 80's...some 60's folk rock

i never veered into the grateful dead because i didnt dig the kids who were into it already at school, was a lot of sketchsters...one magical night someone played american beauty at my house and that was it..."i want as much more of this (pointing at album cover) as i can possibly get" like it was costa rican blow
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#46156 3 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
cliche classic rock both 70's and 80's...some 60's folk rock

i never veered into the grateful dead because i didnt dig the kids who were into it already at school, was a lot of sketchsters...one magical night someone played american beauty at my house and that was it..."i want as much more of this (pointing at album cover) as i can possibly get" like it was costa rican blow

me to although I was heavily influenced by Cream(still am) those 3 guys were amazing!
RandyHoe
Fresh Boarder

#48597 3 years, 2 months ago
Right before discovering the Dead, I was in the desperate search for good music. I was listening to more and more obscure classic rock every day. Normon Greenbaum, Jethro Tull, Leon Russel, the Kinks, Country Joe, etc. The week before my first show I was given a set of CDs from the roots of the blues (20s & 30s). Fate had it in for me and I have never looked back.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds