• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Deep Musical Thoughts, with me...

#199748 1 year, 10 months ago
please post any deep musical thoughts, or questions here.

like,

will DSO ever do a month run in vegas for older deadheads who like to gamble?

is it possible to be a deadhead and not a hippy, or vise versa?
(and if so, doesnt that cause friction?)

since the furthur forum has a "deadheads for romney" thread does ted nuggents website have a "nuggentheads for obama"?

was i right thinking posting a review to show that you only listened to stream of lame?

im not looking for answers, just need to put those out there as food for thought, though if you have an opinion please share.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

Re: Deep Musical Thoughts, with me...

#200042 1 year, 10 months ago
will DSO ever do a month run in vegas for older deadheads who like to gamble?
---------I thought about this during a trip to Vegas. I saw the Beatles' Love show at the Mirage, which was amazing btw, and I thought it would be cool if there was GD inspired show, but I doubt if it has enough mass appeal like the Beatles do. Maybe a SF music inspired show with live bands and acrobats, etc would sell. I also saw Santana during his extended run at The Joint Hard Rock Hotel and it would be very cool to have a GD related extended run there, again I'm not sure if it can sell lots of tickets like Santana did.

is it possible to be a deadhead and not a hippy, or vise versa? (and if so, doesnt that cause friction?)
-------I'm certain that happens all the time. I've known people that were DH's that weren't too hippie-ish

since the furthur forum has a "deadheads for romney" thread does ted nuggents website have a "nuggentheads for obama"?
-------------this is a crazy mixed up world, so anything is possible, but I don't think old Ted is open minded enough to allow differing views

was i right thinking posting a review to show that you only listened to stream of lame?
----------everyone's entitled to their opinion, if that's what you thought it's OK. I had no problem with it. I think it's possible that one can listen to the music alone more deeply and with less distraction than being at the show. At the show there's lots of distractions and there could be people annoying you, talking loud, screaming, bumping into you, plus visual and perhaps intoxication distractions, etc. I've been to shows I thought were just OK and later the tape shows a great performance, and the opposite has happened too; a show I thought was excellent live sounded just OK on recording.

im not looking for answers, just need to put those out there as food for thought, though if you have an opinion please share.
----------Cool
These are the good old days!!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: Deep Musical Thoughts, with me...

#200324 1 year, 10 months ago
thank you for your imput. it gave me somethings to think about.

i too have known some deadheads who werent hippish. and vice versa, living in nor cal, its very popular amounst the youngster hippies to listen to dubsted, and reggae, dancehall, or jamgrass or whatever. they are too young to have experienced the GD, and never got turned on to any of the side projects, or if they did, they only went for the party inthe lot.
its very unhip here to openly like the GD, BUT(again with the big BUTS) if JGB, or DSO, or DNB, or whatever comes to town, its sold out, and hoppin.
its the same thing with blunts, everybody talks about how they suck, and ruin the taste of good weed, but soon as you roll one, everybody comes round to hit it.
the GD and blunts, yet anouther thing they have in common.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds