• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

John Scofield Trio

#192786 1 year, 12 months ago
Just saw John Scofield Trio shows at Yoshi's this past weekend. WOW!!! If you're able to catch any of his upcoming shows do not hesitate.

09/18 Minneapolis, MN The Dakota
09/20 - 09/21 Cambridge, MA Regattabar
09/22 Boston, MA Berklee College of Music — inspiRAYtion: A Tribute to Ray Charles
09/24 - 09/25 Indianapolis, IN Jazz Kitchen
09/26 - 09/27 Evanston, IL Evanston SPACE
09/28 - 09/29 St. Louis, MO Jazz at the Bistro
10/02 - 10/07 New York, NY Blue Note
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

Re: John Scofield Trio

#193585 1 year, 12 months ago
Saw him sit it with Soulive in Brooklyn. Def worth seeing.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#193949 1 year, 12 months ago
One of the top if not the top guitarist living today. Not only that he's cool as shit. His band was booked into my hotel about 9 years ago... anyway... their bus was a lil late and I was allready home planning on going. I had left a CD of his at the desk and asked the desk clerk to see if he would sign it. Well when they arrived and the desk clerk asked him if he would sign the cd and explained I was a big fan.... he told her to call me. She did.... as I am gettin ready to get in the shower my cell rings I pick it up and my desk clerk says someone wants to say hello....next thing I know I am talking to John Scofield!!!! We had a nice chat and he said don't bother gettin tix your now on our guest list, any other friends of yours comng ? I told him a couple he said ok 3 guest passes for you. When I get to the venue give them my name and they say oh Johin left something here for ya..it was my cd signed by the whole band!!! ANyway got to meet and chill with him a lil preshow... the most down to earth guy..with no "rock star or musician" front or bs. Just an ordinary guy who happens to be a world class guitarist. BTW the show was KILLER!!! If you never have seen him do yourself a favor and check out one of his shows.
Last Edit: 1 year, 12 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blues_Power
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#195249 1 year, 11 months ago
cool story. John is awesome! very friendly and down to earth.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds