• Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

JK Dates

#189949 2 years ago
John's got some plans brewing. Sitting in with EO around Halloween looks interesting. Definitely go see JKB if you are in the area!!

Howdy Folks!

There are several new shows on the schedule, but mostly I want to mention this Friday, September 7th the John K. Band performs at the State Theatre in Falls Church, VA. And, I am very pleased to announce that Elikeh will be opening the show, and we will be celebrating the release of Elikeh's new CD: Between 2 Worlds. I had the pleasure of co-writing, performing, and singing on one track, and we are looking forward to some cross-band sit-in jamming!

The other major announcement is that I will be joining the Everyone Orchestra for three special nights Halloween weekend (Oct 26-28) at Sullivan Hall in NYC. In this particular incarnation I will have the pleasure of sharing the stage with Jon Fishman, Jamie Masefield, Reed Mathis, Zach Gill & Lebo... and of course, conductor Matt Butler! There are still some tickets available, so now is your chance as subscribers to the JK Wireservice to get your advance tickets.

Also new to the schedule is a solo set at the New York Harvest Fest and Freedom Fair October 12, and two John K. Band shows: Friday, October 19 at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ; and Saturday, October 20 at the River Street Jazz Cafe in Plains, PA (near Wilkes-Barre). Of course, Furthur hits the road again starting September 21st at Red Rocks and continuing all over the west coast... and anytime I am home when Djesben is playing you will likely catch me sitting in with them!

Peace, Love, and Light, y'all!

John

Upcoming shows:

Fri Sep 7 John K. Band State Theatre Falls Church, VA
Fri Sep 14 John K. Band The Blockley Philadelphia, PA
Sat Sep 15 John K. Band Sterling Stage Kampitheater Sterling, NY
Sep 21-Oct 7 Furthur West coast tour
Fri Oct 12 John Solo NY Harvest Fest & Freedom Fair Monticello, NY
Fri Oct 19 John K. Band Stone Pony Asbury Park, NJ
Sat Oct 20 John K. Band River Street Jazz Cafe Plains, PA
Oct 26-28 Everyone Orchestra Sullivan Hall NYC
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ecojaded, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67, Griff
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: JK Dates

#190029 2 years ago
Someone please let John know I will pitch in for gas money if he comes to the Mid-West.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, gvanman, FurthurFlower67
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#190348 2 years ago
I'm going tonight to the State theatre. anyone else?
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#190356 2 years ago
check with little bear and Doin that rag. I recall them being local. Enjoy the show Bakes and if JK has his merch wheels up and anyone is interersted in helping a fiend out I would love a John K Band poster to add to my collection.

((((((((((Streams)))))))))))
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#190960 2 years ago
Was planning on doing the Philly show but last week my wife decided she waanted to see Jorma, who's playing solo that night. Can't complain about that.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#191198 2 years ago
Ill be there on the 19th for sure (asbury park NY). Wheelman, you better be there too

The Sullivan theater shows are after-parties, VERY LATE. I THINK they begin ~ 11:30.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Mr. Goat
Junior Boarder

#191219 2 years ago
The wife and I will be at the Last Daze of Summer in Sterling, NY this Saturday. Anyone else going?
last_daze.jpg
God writes testament in stars
Believe no word you read
Until you see what action
Has been mothered by the deed
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#193608 1 year, 12 months ago
River Street Jazz Cafe 'fo sho", probably holds 200-300 people ???
-- smell every flower --
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#196247 1 year, 11 months ago
kevin wrote:
River Street Jazz Cafe 'fo sho", probably holds 200-300 people ???
-- smell every flower --
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#205205 1 year, 11 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
John's got some plans brewing. Sitting in with EO around Halloween looks interesting. Definitely go see JKB if you are in the area!!

Howdy Folks!

There are several new shows on the schedule, but mostly I want to mention this Friday, September 7th the John K. Band performs at the State Theatre in Falls Church, VA. And, I am very pleased to announce that Elikeh will be opening the show, and we will be celebrating the release of Elikeh's new CD: Between 2 Worlds. I had the pleasure of co-writing, performing, and singing on one track, and we are looking forward to some cross-band sit-in jamming!

The other major announcement is that I will be joining the Everyone Orchestra for three special nights Halloween weekend (Oct 26-28) at Sullivan Hall in NYC. In this particular incarnation I will have the pleasure of sharing the stage with Jon Fishman, Jamie Masefield, Reed Mathis, Zach Gill & Lebo... and of course, conductor Matt Butler! There are still some tickets available, so now is your chance as subscribers to the JK Wireservice to get your advance tickets.

Also new to the schedule is a solo set at the New York Harvest Fest and Freedom Fair October 12, and two John K. Band shows: Friday, October 19 at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ; and Saturday, October 20 at the River Street Jazz Cafe in Plains, PA (near Wilkes-Barre). Of course, Furthur hits the road again starting September 21st at Red Rocks and continuing all over the west coast... and anytime I am home when Djesben is playing you will likely catch me sitting in with them!

Peace, Love, and Light, y'all!

John

Upcoming shows:

Fri Sep 7 John K. Band State Theatre Falls Church, VA
Fri Sep 14 John K. Band The Blockley Philadelphia, PA
Sat Sep 15 John K. Band Sterling Stage Kampitheater Sterling, NY
Sep 21-Oct 7 Furthur West coast tour
Fri Oct 12 John Solo NY Harvest Fest & Freedom Fair Monticello, NY
Fri Oct 19 John K. Band Stone Pony Asbury Park, NJ
Sat Oct 20 John K. Band River Street Jazz Cafe Plains, PA
Oct 26-28 Everyone Orchestra Sullivan Hall NYC
-- smell every flower --