• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Bob Dylan North American Tour w/ Mark Knopfler

#176638 2 years, 1 month ago
I can't find an easy place to cut & pastes dates from so here is the link:
http://www.bobdylan.com/us/upcoming-dates

After a wildly successful tour of Europe last year playing to standing-room-only crowds, Bob Dylan and his Band will tour North America this fall with special guest Mark Knopfler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cosmic Arkie
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Bob Dylan North American Tour w/ Mark Knopfler

#176652 2 years, 1 month ago
Should be great. I hope I can make a show or two on that tour.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#177232 2 years, 1 month ago
Saw Bob last year at the Mann with Leon Russell warming up. Outstanding performances from both artists.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#177718 2 years, 1 month ago
A lot of the tickets go on presale today. I got mine for Portland!

This page has the presale passwords: http://www.bobdylan.com/us/upcoming-dates
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by amusingdeva.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#177830 2 years, 1 month ago
I'm going to see bob solo in Rochester MN on Aug 21 should be a good time, I've seen him multiple times and know alot of shows can be hit or miss. If this one is good we'll see about fall.
The voices tell me what to say
gratefuldude1963
Junior Boarder
grateful 4 furthur

#178679 2 years, 1 month ago
yes bob can be hit or miss but mostly hit. on the other hand...mak is always hit if you have never seen him he us a treat to see.
it's all a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#179019 2 years ago
Yup . 10/29-30 at the FBC in Broomfield. Yippee !!
gratefuldude1963
Junior Boarder
grateful 4 furthur

#182209 2 years ago
just won tickets to show in salisbury,md from my local radio station. can't wait.
it's all a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#204572 1 year, 10 months ago
caught the key arena show. i haven't kept up with mark knopfler; he has a great band. they played a lot of music that reminded me of the chieftains, bluesy celtic grooves. very low key and cerebral. i didn't know the tunes but at times i felt i was press-ganged on a clipper ship or mucking about in filth like that monty python holy grail right of determination bit. a few multi-instrumentalists in the band who were excellent and well grounded in a variety of styles. one dude who played the uileann or parlour pipes (it was tough to see exactly), which was good to hear (though they can be overused, if you've watched a lot of canadian cbc mini-series you'll know what i mean). though the music was great, it would've been better in a small club, the key arena being pretty impersonal and maybe the music wasn't suited to it. the audience was fairly receptive, yet a lot people doing phone tricks during the show which i don't get i guess. the bill was mark knopfler and bob dylan--i guess i was naively expecting them to play together for at least one tune but it wasn't to be.

bob of course was great, check out the setlist. he always breathes new life into his tunes. he brought water to my eye for lonesome death of hattie carroll, played as a spritely waltz as one would envision in a downtown baltimore hotel ballroom. this is not the time for your, or my, tears.....Indeed. bob amazes me as a musician, i really appreciated his keys this time around as for most tunes he played a grand piano. it was amazing to hear him interact on keys with the other musicians (one i recognized as charlie sexton on guitar). same with the harp, it sounds so simple, too simple at times but it works. the stage setup was interesting too. the players were to the back of the stage and bob mostly off to the side on the grand piano. he had a spot light behind him and little light on the stage, all i could see at times were his stripe-ed pants and boots underneath the piano. this boot heel (boots of spanish leather?) vision seemed to work as well, especially in light of the context of his songs that night. we got some classics: ramona, visions of johanna, highway 61, like a rolling stone, and blowin' in the wind as the encore. oh yeah, another thing that stuck out was the bass player played a fender bass VI on blowin' in the wind....what a killer sound it had, understated but could boom at times giving the tune an edge, and dryer than a popcorn fart. say what you will about bob's shows, i will always take time (and money) to go see him.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by skidoo. Reason: bad grammar.....the world wide intraweb made me this way Mr. Judge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#204866 1 year, 10 months ago
thanks for the review -- heading out to see Bob tonight at the Rose Garden Arena. Not my fav venue by any means but at least it is in Oregon...
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds