• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Tedeschi-Trucks Band Tour Dates!!!

#166213 2 years, 4 months ago
Just got my tickets for the St. Louis date!! 7th row and as far left as you can get. Well that's okay!

But I know there is a Furthur show that night and will probably be a stream of that but I will stream the show incase of breaks or no stream!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, fourwnds, Island Head
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#166757 2 years, 3 months ago
6/25/12 Minneapolis Zoo

The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#166767 2 years, 3 months ago
Who's been to a Tedeschi-Trucks Band show? Are they two sets?

If no one has seen the duo's band yet how about Derek Trucks Band shows were they two sets? Just curious what to look forward too!
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#166853 2 years, 3 months ago
When I saw them they played one (killer!)set, maybe 1 1/2 hours. Expect a great show!
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#172798 2 years, 3 months ago
Woohoo the show is this Saturday I can't wait!!!!

When I was flying back home on Monday from Baltimore I boarded my plane and they had music playing and they had Tedeschi-Trucks band Midnight in Harlem playing!!! It was a sure sign I was gonna get home safely for the show!
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#172846 2 years, 3 months ago
For my money Derek is the best guitar player out there today, I think that may be trhe only time I ever was in complete awe at someone playing music. I felt like, if he can do that, why should I ever do anything again cuz I will never be that good at anything!!!!!!!!! lol.

Also, I really hope you get to hear one of his versions of My Favorite Things. If you haven't heard him play it before, find it on the archive, it truly is an experience
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Franklinberger
Junior Boarder
Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,

#173483 2 years, 3 months ago
Saw My Favorite Things at The Vic in Chicago in 2010 (way up front, which never happens for me there). Very cool. If you aren't heading to MI after the 7/17 Chicago Furthur show their show on the 18th north of Chicago is not a bad alternative (if you ignore the ridiculous ticket price for lawn seats when you cannot see the stage - although they allow you to stand behind reserve seating, which is cool). You also have to ignore the parking price and snob factor at the venue. Why did they choose Ravinia again? Perhaps b/c you it's BYO. Hell, that saves me $88 right there.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#177677 2 years, 3 months ago
Here are some pictures from the St. Louis show I went to! I didn't take these though. They are from their Facebook page. I'll post a review sometime soon! I have lots to say!!!!

DT.jpg

DT2.jpg

576175_10151039773898493_169140528_n.jpg

559151_10151041626558493_1814828424_n.jpg

557163_10151041625733493_1647024656_n.jpg

382523_10151041628098493_511487093_n.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo, lightchaser, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#178536 2 years, 3 months ago
Alright so last Saturday I went to the Tedeschi Trucks show!! I was so excited! My first time finally getting to check out Derek! He's so sexy!

So my friend and I arrive to the theater they are playing it. It's on the University of Missouri St. Louis Campus. And when we arrived we noticed everyone was all dressed up and they hardly looked like a crowd that would like the music. So we get into our seats and find out there is an opening group. They sucked so bad. I hate to say it but their songs all sounded the same and with the nice comfy seat and a dark theater my eyes weren't wanting to stay open. I don't even know who or what they were called.

But anyway I finally got to wake myself up at intermission. I knew I was in for a BIG treat! The lights go down and their backdrop rises up. No one got out of their seat for a warm welcome. I was a little confused? So I just sat back down with the rest of the them I didn't want anyone yelling at me. It got me thinking man I hope the band doesn't think we are rude and I hope it doesn't affect their performance. But I'm just still so confused why no one was standing???? I don't get it. Yea I have never been to a blues concert before but I'm sure people dance at them right?

Anyway their performance was top notch! I loved the way they played every song! A little different then their release with a little more jamming and sliding. Susan has sooo much soul! When she would sing her heart out I would get chills! She is simply amazing! And not to shabby at the guitar either. Derek sure was a shining star that night! He gave us lots of smiles head nods and waves! I was excited about that because he seems like such a shy guy. I was soooo glad to hear a Trucks song in the mix as well. They even have Derek 's singer gosh I can't remember his name but the black guy with the fro who I just love when he sings! They brought him up front and they performed You Get What You Deserve! Wooooo I was bouncing! I never heard it played so fast and great! And as the show went on it seemed each song would be better and better. They were working their way up to the grand finale which simply blew my mind! I'm not sure of the song title it was but there was this beautiful musical conversation going on with Derek's guitar and their saxophone player. I was speechless! And they came out for a triple encore! Something I'm always hoping for from Furthur lol.

I sure hope they enjoyed playing for St. Louis as much as I enjoyed watching! I will for sure be at the next show when they roll through town again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#178935 2 years, 3 months ago
Was it ever appropriate to stand up and dance where you don't feel like you could be bumming someone out bigtime? I have been wondering about catching them near me soon.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#178961 2 years, 3 months ago
That sounds great EM! havent seen this larger group, I saw the DTB many tmes. Every time i went it was a dancing crowd so dunno what happened there. Glad it was so good (other than opener)
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#179005 2 years, 3 months ago
Go to the show when they come near your FourWnds!!!!!!

I think a lot had to do with the venue on why no one was standing up. There were a few people dancing off on the side. And anyone who had a cell phone out the ushers came over and told them to put it away. It was kinda strict there. Never been to the venue and I didnt have a good feeling about it before I went. And I hope no more shows I want to see is happening there ever again!

Aside from that it was a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY AWESOME SHOW! Left you wanting more more more!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds