• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Van Halen Postpone Summer Tour Dates

#158294 2 years, 4 months ago
I hate to say it but I called that one before the tour even got rolling.

It's too bad, they were one of my favorite bands growing up. 1984 is what got me into rock and roll...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Van Halen Postpone Summer Tour Dates

#159084 2 years, 4 months ago
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#159093 2 years, 4 months ago
Island Head wrote:

Wow, just wow!
Takin' it in stride!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#159101 2 years, 4 months ago
what the hell was that?

did he say the tour is postponed and will span 2 years? is he kidding? am i high on my medication?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#159685 2 years, 4 months ago
I saw this Van Halen tour twice in Florida in April. I thought they rocked and sounded very good, especially in Tampa. However, a few nights before in Sunrise/Fort Lauderdale DLR had a Diva moment when he screamed to the crowd about the 'blowers' being too high which threatened their voices (the air conditioner), but Eddie seemed a lot healthier and happier than he looked last time around with this same band configuration back in 2007-08 when after a 2nd Sunrise performance the tour was halted so that Eddie could (allegedly) go to rehab for a few weeks before finishing that 07-08 tour...

I am reading that there is NO internal friction but that they are simply 'tired' after having 'worked' the past 18 months. Whatever. I am just glad I was fortunate that they got 'my' shows in before this current stoppage. Sorry for you folks in the 30-odd cities waiting for a restart.

IMO, you accept DLR and his limitations in order to get the 'real thing'. But Van Halen (and Edward) sure make it hard on their fans who need to make advance plans.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#159689 2 years, 4 months ago
Island Head wrote:
seems like dave is channeling tednuggent
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#159712 2 years, 4 months ago
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#159716 2 years, 4 months ago
StuartSlate wrote:
I saw this Van Halen tour twice in Florida in April. I thought they rocked and sounded very good, especially in Tampa. However, a few nights before in Sunrise/Fort Lauderdale DLR had a Diva moment when he screamed to the crowd about the 'blowers' being too high which threatened their voices (the air conditioner), but Eddie seemed a lot healthier and happier than he looked last time around with this same band configuration back in 2007-08 when after a 2nd Sunrise performance the tour was halted so that Eddie could (allegedly) go to rehab for a few weeks before finishing that 07-08 tour...

I am reading that there is NO internal friction but that they are simply 'tired' after having 'worked' the past 18 months. Whatever. I am just glad I was fortunate that they got 'my' shows in before this current stoppage. Sorry for you folks in the 30-odd cities waiting for a restart.

IMO, you accept DLR and his limitations in order to get the 'real thing'. But Van Halen (and Edward) sure make it hard on their fans who need to make advance plans.

David did the same rant (about the blowers) a few shows prior to doing it in Sunrise. He's a joke
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Warlock.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#159771 2 years, 3 months ago
I used to watch them practice in a garage studio when David Lee Roth first joined the band... Eddie was a cool guy.
They had a different name back then (Mammoth?).

I think I have some photos somewhere, probably taken with a 110 camera -- remember those? Geez I am old. I should dig them out and digitize them.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by amusingdeva.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#159776 2 years, 3 months ago
And to think Bobby damn near got crucified for postponing his tour and not announcing dates til 9 months later...Two whole years??? that is such a long time to reschedule one tour
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds