• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

Levon Helm and Arlo Guthrie Anti Fracking Benefit

#15097 2 years, 12 months ago
The LEVON HELM BAND
w/ ARLO GUTHRIE
May 13 - Brewery Ommegang
Anti-fracking Benefit

All the text is from the promoter. I will just say it is a good cause and Love to these awesome guys for doing it!

Levon Helm
DSP is excited to announce our first summer show at Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, NY. The Levon Helm Band and the legend Arlo Guthrie will appear on May 13. Tickets will cost $13.00 in advance, more at the door. Tickets are available without service charge at Brewery Ommegang located at 656 County Hwy 33 in Cooperstown, and at the State Theatre Box Office, located at 105 West State Street in Ithaca, and Angry Mom records on the Commons. Tickets are also available online at www.dansmallspresents.com or by calling 888.512.SHOW.

Levon Helm was in the right place at the right time. He saw the birth of rock and roll and though he's too much of a gentleman to say it, his role in helping to keep that rebellious child healthy is more than just instrumental.

The drummer and lead-vocalist for The Band takes his famed Midnight Rambles on the road... Don't miss this one.

As mentioned Arlo Guthrie will join the bill as will locals The Horseshoe Lounge Playboys.
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by MusicMagic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, skidoo
skidoo
Expert Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

Re: Levon Helm and Arlo Guthrie Anti Fracking Benefit

#15111 2 years, 12 months ago
drink beer and party, but don't frack please
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, MusicMagic
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#15282 2 years, 12 months ago
thats a show I'd like to see !
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicMagic
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#15321 2 years, 12 months ago
sounds like a good show people of NY protect the watershed dont let the drillers in .I llive in PA where they are doing this the other day a well blew up dumped tons of frack water into the creeks and susqahanna river god knows how many wells are gonna get polluted now,they drill round the clock the trucks are destroying the roads and very few jobs go to the locals they bring in thir own people,and the state foolishly isnt collecting a tax on the drillers.its a huge frack up dont let them ruin the catskills and the water everyone drinks
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#15354 2 years, 12 months ago
[quote="83msg1sttyme" post=15321]sounds like a good show people of NY protect the watershed dont let the drillers in

There are reports here everyday of what is happening to your land there. i am so sorry! Glad to see Chesapeake getting the squeeze put on them a bit..There is alot of action to keep i out of here- having folks like Levon and Arlo to help the cause is such a boon. Have you seen the movie Gasland? It is really good, and it was just a guy from Pa. who was wondering what it was all about. I recommend it- thanks for posting- please think good thoughts that we are able to keep them away!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#15357 2 years, 12 months ago
good thoughts aint goona do squat sorry to say you need to write your politicians, the dep ,the dec , join riverkeeper and any other group that get loud and makes a stink so people wake the frack up.and yes ive seen gas land and plenty of people show up at town meetings with jugs of what used to be water
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#15358 2 years, 12 months ago
dont want ya think im mocking ya MM just pissed off at the whole thing
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#15367 2 years, 12 months ago
Pennsylvania's Republican government is a pimp that treats the land like a 14-year-old whore, and is fracking the shit out of her.

It is a tragedy.
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#15372 2 years, 12 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
dont want ya think im mocking ya MM just pissed off at the whole thing

am really sorry what is happening to your land- i totally get why your pissed- and why me asking for good thoughts would seem almowt foolish...there is ALOT going on politically, I for one do that but then call on the ethers as well-just doing politics makes me nuts so have to balance it for myself by asking for things like good thoughts. Thanks for being kind
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by MusicMagic. Reason: typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#15375 2 years, 12 months ago
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds