• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

And now for something completely different...

#141986 2 years, 5 months ago
Chile Pepps anyone? Just got home from seeing the Red Hot Chile Peppers and although it ain't exactly my thing, it was pretty darn good. They pulled out Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" and the crowd went nucking futs! The sound quality was below what we are use to, but they put on a good show. The encore (drums intro, 3 songs, with short but intense jam coda) was worth the price of admission. Came home in time to catch the Brokedown form Mickey's stream which really reset my vibe. I think I'll take a walk in the rain.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: And now for something completely different...

#141997 2 years, 5 months ago
i just entered the local radio station contest for freetickets they have a lot of good songs nice mix of metal and funk
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#142008 2 years, 5 months ago
I've gotten into to them over the last few years due to driving back and forth across the country with a metal head who, lucky for me has RCHPs on the ipod. I dig their funkiness and if you ever saw an interview with flea you might guess he grew up with posters of Hoffman and Owlsley on the wall.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#142291 2 years, 5 months ago
They get my endorsement.

love the funk....that and the drummer looks like Will Ferrell.

Listen to how I got turned on to them. My kids were big into the Power Rangers so we saw the PW Movie in about 1996 and the opening sequence of the Rangers parachuting out of an airplane is played out to Higher Ground.

If that ain't rock-n-roll, I don't know what is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#143872 2 years, 5 months ago
Any band that's worked with George Clinton and other members of P-Funk is aces in my book.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds