• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
yatkoj
Junior Boarder

ABB, Peach Fest at Montage Mnt.

#132362 2 years, 5 months ago
what does every1 think about the Allman Brothers playing a 3 day fest at montage Mnt???...i live 15mins away from the venue and have my whole life i seen a ton of shows there growing but i stopped going 3 years ago i boycotted it bc i hated it so much. I had my first run in with the cops there as a kid for having a bowl and lil bit of pot.But i have to say this fest is going to bring me back up the Mnt. i love the ABB to much and way to close not to go. I heard there will be camping, what do u guys think of that? i think camping will make it a more relax setting cops cant fuck with ya for tailgating and grilling and so forth if theres camping going on they will have to tone there shit down at least i hope and pray....just wondering what every1 else thoughts are on this matter.....
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

Re: ABB, Peach Fest at Montage Mnt.

#132387 2 years, 5 months ago
I also live nearby and stopped going there a few years back. Actually, the last two times I went was for the pre-shows... MiZ once and Cabinet another time. As soon as they were done, I took off. Blew off Dylan and Dave Matthews, I think.... I just felt it wasn't worth the hassle....

What I'm wondering is where exactly people will camp, if there is camping. As far as I remember, the dirt and stone parking lots aren't very tent friendly. I guess there's the mountain, but camping on a hill like that could be tricky. It would be no problem for me to just drive home each night, but that won't be practical for most people attending. Guess we just wait and see what the deal is. I really hope they can pull it off..... and also just let people have a good time.
If it rolls, sink it.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#132413 2 years, 5 months ago
yeah, it sounds like the organizers didnt realize most people going to festivals in the summer expect camping somewhere close by which there isnt. MAYBE sno mountain would set up some camping, but I kinda doubt it. also, there has never been a multi day music festival at montage, I hope they can plan this accordingly, if so it could be a grand old time, if not, we'll just have to see.
-- smell every flower --
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#132414 2 years, 5 months ago
they do it at hunter mt also a ski resort my guess is the same way gotto be level ground somewhere,im in the area but new to it so i have no experience funny that they bust balls at montage but you can drink at the yankees games and in the lot,as for pot its ilegal and duffys a stickler for rules
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#132417 2 years, 5 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
they do it at hunter mt also a ski resort my guess is the same way gotto be level ground somewhere,im in the area but new to it so i have no experience funny that they bust balls at montage but you can drink at the yankees games and in the lot,as for pot its ilegal and duffys a stickler for rules

duffy is the poorest excuse for a police chief I have ever seen, TOTAL douchebag, montage is patrolled by sherrifs office though, not the scranton dopes. also this is the FIRST multi day music festival at montage, im expecting some growing pains
-- smell every flower --
theothrone
Senior Boarder
-

#132448 2 years, 5 months ago
i live right near harrisburg so it's not too far of a hike, a bit bummed to see what everyone is saying about the venue though,hopefully things will turn out fun. excited to see the rest of the lineup
it's an obsession but it's pleasing
Chester
More or less in line

#132490 2 years, 5 months ago
I am interested to see the line up. 13 days til they announce it. If they had single day passes, it might work better.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#132493 2 years, 5 months ago
From the Peach Festival facebook page:

Attention Peach fans: We are working very hard with the Allman Brothers to make sure this festival is everything you'd expect and more. We will be releasing details about on-site camping and all the other fun stuff we have planned very soon!

www.facebook.com/ThePeachMusicFestival
If it rolls, sink it.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Confusions Prince.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#135470 2 years, 5 months ago
any rumours on whos playing this gig? I know they're announcing 3/26, just wondering if anyone has heard anything new ?
-- smell every flower --
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#135598 2 years, 5 months ago
phil lesh and friends

weir robinson greene
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds