• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: String Summit 2012

#186166 1 year, 11 months ago
this one was also really fun. Greensky was great!

Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#186197 1 year, 11 months ago
Greensky is awesome...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Denver Man.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#186638 1 year, 11 months ago
I meant to mention this before....

At dusk each night of the NWSS, the International Space Station could also been seen flying overhead, coming right over the Main Stage and zipping across the bowl disappearing into the trees. Seeing that glowing blob moving across the sky was pretty far out.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#186831 1 year, 11 months ago
Oh man, this is great stuff. My bro (Scott Law) played there. I so wish I went. Thanks for sharing you all.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#187305 1 year, 11 months ago
Hey Griff! Your brother Scoot is great on guitar - really enjoyed that all Jerry set Banjokillers did Saturday. Tell him thanks!

Some nice video with Billy K joining YMSB plus YMSB plays some Zappa...

http://www.relix.com/blogs/picks-and-pans/2012/08/24/yonder-mountain-string-band-cover-grateful-dead-frank-zappa-darol-anger-rushad-eggleston-on-cello
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by amusingdeva.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#187928 1 year, 10 months ago
Thank you amusingdeva (great name by the way).

So Scott is not my literal brother, just to make sure. We became friends in 1980 when he moved to Bellevue, then started playing in a band together, first with him on drums as a power trio playing Jimi Hendrix, then Dead/Stones/Who when he switched to guitar that fall. After High School, the band moved in to a house in the U district in Seattle and Scott and I lived there for the next four years.

The band broke up the first year as Scott had moved on......he was just better then the rest of us and had found other musicians worthy of playing with. All of the rest of us went our separate ways........I got in to skiing and directed a ski school, another is a molecular biologist and the fourth runs his own tech company.

During that time Scott went from good to really great. I'll never forget him transcribing Stevie Ray Vaughn one morning, the first time I had heard Stevie. He was that good.

So cool to see him playing and making such great music. Will do the next time I see him, probably in PDX for the Furthur shows.....
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#188016 1 year, 10 months ago
Griff wrote:

So Scott is not my literal brother, just to make sure. We became friends in 1980 when he moved to Bellevue, then started playing in a band together, first with him on drums as a power trio playing Jimi Hendrix, then Dead/Stones/Who when he switched to guitar that fall. After High School, the band moved in to a house in the U district in Seattle and Scott and I lived there for the next four years.

The band broke up the first year as Scott had moved on......he was just better then the rest of us and had found other musicians worthy of playing with. All of the rest of us went our separate ways........I got in to skiing and directed a ski school, another is a molecular biologist and the fourth runs his own tech company.

During that time Scott went from good to really great. I'll never forget him transcribing Stevie Ray Vaughn one morning, the first time I had heard Stevie. He was that good.

So cool to see him playing and making such great music. Will do the next time I see him, probably in PDX for the Furthur shows.....

That's a brother in my book...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds