• Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Railroad Earth

#117600 2 years, 5 months ago
Hey Thanks FurthurFlower. RRE is playing 2 nights in Portland in March and I was trying to determine just how bluegrassy they are, if ya know what I mean. I like psychedelic jammin' bluegrass but not fond of old-style bluegrass for more than a few numbers.

The live music budget is getting tight...
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#117656 2 years, 5 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
Hey Thanks FurthurFlower. RRE is playing 2 nights in Portland in March and I was trying to determine just how bluegrassy they are, if ya know what I mean. I like psychedelic jammin' bluegrass but not fond of old-style bluegrass for more than a few numbers.

The live music budget is getting tight...

AmusingDeva you are going to love it if you go!! My friend from Oregon is going to the Portland shows. He is so excited!

They aren't your typical bluegrass band at all. They have drums so it puts another perspective on the tone for sure. I'm just gonna add some videos of a few of my favorite songs so you can check out RRE if you haven't already heard them! I think you would love it!

Like A Buddha

Elko

Hard Livin'

Been Down That Road

The last two videos I added are videos that were recorded when they made their 2008 release Amen Corner. Each memeber of the band was in a different room of the studio as they recorded it. I thought that was kinda neat!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#117957 2 years, 5 months ago
Okay FurthurFlower, you convinced me (ouch - my arm!)
I'll be checking them out on March 3rd
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#118043 2 years, 5 months ago
Glad you are going amusingdeva! It's going to be a great time!!!

Hey the St. Louis recording popped on on archive...Finally!

www.archive.org/details/rre2012-01-27.akg-c391b.flacf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#128822 2 years, 4 months ago
Great second set by RRE last night at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland! Thanks Emily for twisting my arm to go.
The getting home at 3:30 am has me a bit fried to day though.

Loved their more psychedelic stuff, appreciated the more bluegrass & Americana numbers even though I am not huge on bluegrass. There was maybe a bit too much violin jams for me personally but a great show overall and the songs I liked more than made up for the stuff I was on the fence about.

Set 1: Where I Come From, Big Six, Sing Me A Rainbow, Prisoner Of Freedom, Panama Red, Blues Barrel, California Day, Henry, Garden Of Eden, When There’s Two There’s Trouble
Set 2: Higher, 17 Pine Avenue, Shake That Thing, I Don’t Know You, Rockin’ With Nona, That’s All, Ghost Train Blues, Down For The Ride, No Time, 15 Days Under The Hood
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by amusingdeva.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#128862 2 years, 4 months ago
I'm glad you go a chance to check them out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
RafaelO
Junior Boarder

#129777 2 years, 4 months ago
I saw them in Kalamazoo Michigan at Bells Brewery last fall right before embarking on the the midwest furthur tour. My first time seeing them and loved em.

Haven't seen Cornmeal as of yet, but see them popping around. Getting ready to go see Hot Tuna on Sunday and John Kadlecick with his old band Hair ball willie in May for two dates around Chicago before Furthur's summer tour. Going to be a fun spring and summer.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#130961 2 years, 4 months ago
I have seen RRE many many times and they never dissappoint me... They can be compared to the dead in a few ways, they can really jam, and they speak directly to your soul. This last show I saw them at in Chicago at house of blues was by far the best show ive ever seen them play!
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#130972 2 years, 4 months ago
Would so much like to hear them (or some members anyhow) jam with Phil this weekend!
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by amusingdeva. Reason: I can't type anything right the first time!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#133184 2 years, 4 months ago
Phil Lesh joing RRE at the Fillmore 3-10-12

RRE and others with Phil Lesh at Terrapin Crossroads 3-11-12!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
Time to create page: 6.05 seconds