• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

Dickey Betts Confirmed To Appear W Allmans!

#114321 2 years, 6 months ago
This IS confirmed from Jam Bands.com Here is the article from Dickey's site:
Though he never actually retired from touring—as he claimed a few years ago—Dickey Betts has limited his nights on the road recently. But the guitarist will tour in 2012. Dickey Betts & Great Southern will pay select dates in March, April and June, with the possibility that additional shows will be added in the coming months. In the final few months of 2011, Betts performed with both onetime Great Southern/Allman Brothers Band guitarist Dan Toler and Gregg Allman’s son Devon. In other news, Betts has confirmed that he will attend the 2012 Grammy Awards, where the Allman Brothers Band will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award. A note on the guitarist’s Facebook page says, “We are very proud and excited to announce that the Allman Brothers Band was been honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be presented to the band at the 2012 Grammy Awards, taking place on Sunday, February 12. Dickey Betts will be on hand to accept the award along with the other members of the band. This will be an exciting and historic moment that you do not want to miss!” There is no word yet as to whether Betts will perform with his former band.
Checking Dickeys Live Schedule he is OPEN For The Wanee dates but it would take a few $$$$ to get him to play live with them but don't hold your breath but stranger things have happened. If he does end up playing with them at The Grammy's and or Wanee/Beacon Shows we know that 2012 IS going to be THE END! lol ( Just kidding friends ) But this news is a first step in making things right with one of the founders of the Allman Brothers Band
What do YOU think?
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ecojaded
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: Dickey Betts Confirmed To Appear W Allmans!

#114353 2 years, 6 months ago
It would be great for him to play with the ABB again, but only if the chemistry was right, and not full of tension ala The Dead at the end of '09.
Takin' it in stride!
Chester
More or less in line

#114432 2 years, 6 months ago
I've seen Dickey's band. He's still good. And he has a good band. Not as tight or as jammed out as ABB.
But I would get a big kick out of an impromptu jam with his old bandmates. He was one of the originals.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#114626 2 years, 6 months ago
i love Dickey and would like to see him sit in with the ABB again.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#114657 2 years, 6 months ago
I have seend Dickey with Great Southern about 5 times as after The Allmans threw him out I stopped going and supported Dickey until I did a Beacon show last year as I wanted to see them 1 last time ( little did I know about 2012 Wanee! )
Even if they dont jam, it will be nice to see Dickey & Greg together again on the same stage. Maybe a peace offering will be in the mix and maybe we will ALL be tripping balls and see Dickey come out and play Jessica at Wanee or even the Beacon ( I wont be there )
Dickey was the guy who found Warren and brought him in so hopefully these guys realize how short this life is, and the fans will get at least a song or 3..... We should know after the Grammy's...
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#115311 2 years, 6 months ago
Allmans haven't been the same without Dickey and they were so amazing when he was still with them.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#117212 2 years, 6 months ago
my only allman brother shows were the last tour the tour with dickie and trucks on lead, 2 shows at the palace in louisville and they rocked.
i have boycotted the almans ever since they threw dickie out. if they bring him back, and all is water under the bridge, iwill have hope for phil and steve.
forgivness is sacred, and shouldnt be withheld.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#117405 2 years, 5 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
my only allman brother shows were the last tour the tour with dickie and trucks on lead, 2 shows at the palace in louisville and they rocked.
i have boycotted the almans ever since they threw dickie out. if they bring him back, and all is water under the bridge, iwill have hope for phil and steve.
forgivness is sacred, and shouldnt be withheld.

i wouldn't put any money on seeing Phil and Steve on a stage together again ...but Dickie back with the Allmans (just as a one-off for a festival)... i remain hopefully optimistic.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#118608 2 years, 5 months ago
to think that 2 grown men cant put something behind them is rather pessamistic.
remember when bob and phil had duelin NYE shows in SF, come along way since then.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#121659 2 years, 5 months ago
it looks like the plan for Dickey to appear with the ABB at the Grammy's didn't work out too well. i'm very disappointed, but not totally surprised.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by .
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds