• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
SAllison
Fresh Boarder

Re: Grateful Dead vinyl bootlegs and oddities

#108769 2 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I have had these two records for some time now and I would like to know more about them, particularly of their rarity and value. For the Mountains of the Moon, I've seen a few on the internet with a red/blue cover, but I cannot find anything on my rainbow cover copy. I would much appreciate any information!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by SAllison.
marcap
Junior Boarder

#108814 2 years, 3 months ago
SAllison wrote:
Hello, I have had these two records for some time now and I would like to know more about them, particularly of their rarity and value. For the Mountains of the Moon, I've seen a few on the internet with a red/blue cover, but I cannot find anything on my rainbow cover copy. I would much appreciate any information!

For the value of a vinyl you can go here www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?sear...rrsel=&pagenum=1
and see at how much vinyl were sold.
But I think that the value is how much you want to pay for a certain LP.

About your Mountain on the Moon (Big Bang Records Ylem 1) is the same cover I have but it is possible to find it in : green, blue and black. Done by others (TMOQ)
The Fillmore West: yellow, rose, purple and with different colored vinyls: black, orange, red, green or spatter.
It is an FM broadcast 'The Last Days At Fillmore West July 3 1971 (TMOQ 72014)

Anyway: I've been collecting in the last days a lot of pictures of different boots or different covers for the same vinyl and I will create some pages with the more information that I got.
It will, in a certain way, complete this list mudguard0.tripod.com/bootlegs/artists/g/GratefulDead.htm
but with images.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#110003 2 years, 3 months ago
marcap wrote:
Hi!
this is my Grateful Dead Bootlegs list.

here

My complete list of LPs, CDs, Bootlegs is under construction and not all the informations are in.
And still looking to find out pictures for the bootlegs cover.

Quite the list you have. Bill Graham "benefit" concert? It was Bill Graham memorial concert.

As far as rare vinyl I have King Biscuit Flower Hour, 3 discs

Anthem of the Sun, white cover

Historic and Vintage

that's about all I can think of
marcap
Junior Boarder

#110226 2 years, 3 months ago
will work for doses wrote:

Quite the list you have. Bill Graham "benefit" concert? It was Bill Graham memorial concert.

It says "benefit" on the cover

marcap.info/joomba17/index.php/component...aham-benefit-concert

anyway, boots are plenty of mistakes.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by marcap.
marcap
Junior Boarder

#111018 2 years, 3 months ago
I need your help

Does someone of you have the "Live in Concert" (TMOQ 71037) and/or the "In Concert" (TMOQ 73009) album?
even done but other labels?
And can post an image of the cover? And songs list?

Thank you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_of_Quality
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by marcap.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#111277 2 years, 3 months ago
I'm always keeping my eyes open for anything TMOQ. I got a copy of Europe 72 Vol II recently on 4 x 180 gram vinyl ...it was a special record store day release. Not a boot but I started this thread so i'll sing ya'll back home. Nice package anyway but they should have filled in the inner sleeve with photos. Nice little booklet of photos but no real text. Keep pumpin out those shows on quality vinyl from quality recordings I say. Marcap you must have the mother of all collections.
marcap
Junior Boarder

#111633 2 years, 3 months ago
The Zane wrote:

Anyone know of a bootleg called "Rose"? The front cover is a black and white skull with Grateful Dead written across it along with "Rose" in red centered under Grateful Dead. It claims to be a show from 1981.

About the "ROSE" album, the exact date is 08/28/81 Long Beach SDB of set 2 which is also missing: Sugar Magnolia and
Encore: US Blues

The real titles of the songs on the LP: Shakedown Street > Lost Sailor >Saint Of Circumstance > The Wheel > Jam > Never Trust A Woman > Jam >Drums > Space > Truckin' > Wharf Rat
marcap
Junior Boarder

#112503 2 years, 3 months ago
Hi!
my little contribution for the cause!
I'm doing a page with all the Grateful Dead boots that I was able to find on the web with, in some case, all the different covers used for the same LP. And I hope with the more information that I can get.

here is the page

This is just the beginning, I got information that I have not entered yet and a lot of more images.
When you see a number under the thumbnail it means that for that LP there are images that shows different covers, vinyls images that in some cases are in colors, and so on.
I hope this will be useful.
marcap
Junior Boarder

#115993 2 years, 2 months ago
Hi guys,
my page is more and more plenty of information. I still have a few images to insert and fill up with text.

here is the page

Any feedback will be appreciate, would like to know what do you think.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#151489 1 year, 12 months ago
Yesterday was record store day. I picked up the Grateful Dead vinyl release of the Paris 72 Dark Star. Nice, simple package, 180 gm vinyl. Pretty sweet recording and one mother of a Dark Star. I strongly recommend it to anyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: marcap
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds